• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with the yah boo stuff but i do think Raab has some serious questions to answer on the whole Afghanistan thing.
Others have more to answer for IMHO.

Rosencrantz

Not sure I agree with this. "Seen to be doing something" often means Ministers do daft things.
That's why I put "doing" rather than "seen to be doing". This was/is a life and death situation for people over there. Being seen to be doing something isn't the same as actually doing something. Putting a picture out of yourself on the phone is very much being seen to be doing something.

Doing everything you can is getting back to your job and giving it your full attention rather than trying to fudge the rest of your holiday at the same time. Thinking you can stay on holiday and deal with a crisis is a daft thing to do.

DB9

Others have more to answer for IMHO.
Here in the UK it goes IMHO PM, FS, DS.

angelic upstart

Labour could’ve had Priti Patel’s backside on a plate weeks ago.
If only they were interested in our sea border with France. 🤪
Correct, an easy win for Labour is staring them in the face. She's fairly useless as well so would be a victory for the conservatives as well!

angelic upstart

Is the right answer. Albeit slightly unfairly in this instance.

Grecian2K

What is the "IMHO"?
Ignorant Minister at Home Office??
(The way she continually manages to somehow dodge the bullets no wonder she thinks herself top of the tree :mad:)

Grecian2K

Oh dear. Our own "Boris & Doris" are going to love this one!
Christmas is cancelled – and the Brexiteers will tell us it’s a jolly good thing too (msn.com)
(And to think they'd try to have us believe that The Guardian is the only sedition organ in the country? Bravo the Indy!!!)

tavyred

Who was it who said the other day that it’s only Leavers wobbling on about Brexit? 🙄
Got to love the Labour MP today who tweeted a picture of empty supermarket shelves, only to be told the picture was from March 2020 and was as a result of COVID panic buying.
BTW that’ll be the Labour Party who I was told the other day viewed Brexit as a settled issue. 🙄
Brexit, living rent free in lefties heads since 2016! 😁

DB9

What is the "IMHO"?
Ignorant Minister at Home Office??
(The way she continually manages to somehow dodge the bullets no wonder she thinks herself top of the tree :mad:)
No, Just in my honest opinion of who's task it is for looking out for the UK, Government wise in order of importance

Grecian2K

Oh, so it is Patel then!
(Whoops, sorry. I misread - thought you'd put "self" in front of importance.)