• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 21/22

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Arsenal looked poor, Such a long way away from the team that was challenging every season.

sign of the chimes

Arsenal looked poor, Such a long way away from the team that was challenging every season.
That Arsenal is dead. I have some sympathy for Arteta, who doesn't stand a chance. I noticed Emery's Villareal took Chelsea to penalties in the UEFA supercup on Wednesday - following their Europa League win. I suspect he's having a bit of a chuckle to himself now. I think Arsenal's next two games are Chelsea and Man City.

Alistair20000

Citeh need Harry Kane more than Spurs

Discuss

DB9

Discuss
Think it's the first time I've seen on an opening fixture weekend in the PL that 10 teams won and 10 teams lose.

Red Devon

Discuss
City dominated for the first 15 minutes or so after that Tottenham always looked the most likely to score.

Alistair20000

Think it's the first time I've seen on an opening fixture weekend in the PL that 10 teams won and 10 teams lose.
Aye. Not one draw.

sign of the chimes

Discuss
Spurs were very good this afternoon. I warmed to Nuno a great deal during his tenure at Wolves, so hoping he does well as much as I care about the PL.

Kane has been a talisman. I worry about him moving to City - feels a case of a club 'collecting' players, which rarely works out well, and just feels antithetical to having Guardiola in charge. Not sure it works out for player or club in that instance.

Red Devon

Lukaku off the mark for Chelsea today.

sign of the chimes

Lukaku off the mark for Chelsea today.
Such a handful. Chelsea looked really good with him up top. I thought Arsenal performed quite well as a team but there was a definite gulf in class between the two sides today. I feel for Arteta as the fan expectations seem a bit detached from the reality of where they stand as a club at the moment.

DB9

Such a handful. Chelsea looked really good with him up top. I thought Arsenal performed quite well as a team but there was a definite gulf in class between the two sides today. I feel for Arteta as the fan expectations seem a bit detached from the reality of where they stand as a club at the moment.
Even though they've started well Spurs are in the same position as Arsenal, In that I mean a new stadium to pay for and probably not enough finance to really compete with the big boys, Arsenal are no longer a team to fear and they will struggle to get into any of the European competitions at the moment, North London might just end up with top half clubs.