• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Breakout Season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've really liked what I've seen of James Dodd so far. I appreciate he'll probably go out on loan but maybe he could be back in the new year & getting some game time.
I think James Dodd could be the surprise of the season. Given how torrid that the last two years have been for him, I'd hope things will start to work for him now.

milts

Where does Veale play?

hillview red

Vale plays central midfield at the moment. Think he'll be going on loan to Taunton Town this year

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know someone who's already played 60 games can't really have a breakout season but I'm expecting Jack Sparkes to really up his game this year and be one of the stars of the team.

Of the others it's clearly a big season for Ben Seymour, Jordan Dyer and Harry Kite and I'm hopeful that all 3 of them will do enough to show they belong at first team level and deserve to be at the club for the following season. Of the three, I think Jordan may start the most games and I can see him having a similar season to Alex Hartridge last season and gradually become first choice ahead of Pierce.

And of the younger players all of Iseguan, Veale, Diabate and Dodd look good enough to break into the first team at some point but this year may be too soon to be their breakout season. I also expect to Sonny Cox and Harry Lee to get some chances in the league but not sure it will be enough to count as a breakout season.

And finally I know that they are not our products but I'm intrigued to see how Callum Rowe and Josh Coley do this season, especially as we've seen nothing of the latter yet.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , strange there’s not been much news about young Josh Coley.And no , I’m not starting more conspiracy theories.

Yes , strange there’s not been much news about young Josh Coley.And no , I’m not starting more conspiracy theories.
Taylor said that a player came down with COVID and hasn’t yet recovered from it, although he didn’t name the player surely it must be Coley.

Rosencrantz

Both Coley and Nelson Iseguan look like they are at least back in training looking at this picture from the Brizzle City friendly on Tuesday.

Banksy

Taylor said that a player came down with COVID and hasn’t yet recovered from it, although he didn’t name the player surely it must be Coley.
Ah right.Thanks for that.

Kite! Gonna be an important midfielder for us

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite! Gonna be an important midfielder for us
That's a worry then!