• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen win by 6 wickets. Hildy gets a ton, but ends up batting with a runner.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cidermen win by 6 wickets. Hildy gets a ton, but ends up batting with a runner.
Comfortable win against a very weak team. Steve Davies should also have got a century. Hoping Hildy just had cramp and hasn’t once more done a hammy.

The Welsh are the next visitors to the CG on Wednesday

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hoping Hildy just had cramp and hasn’t once more done a hammy.
It mentions cramp in the report. Phew!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else enjoying The Hundred and especially when its being shown on the BBC? Really good stuff. (y)
I'm quite embarrassed to say, yes, I am.

Of course, there are some utterly cringeworthy parts of it, like the waving of shopping lists and the WWE like entry to the field (I keep expecting The Rock to burst through), and the commentators constant happy clappy bigging up of the thing makes me sick. However, I really like some of the other parts, like time outs, continuing with a bowler, and the fielding rstrictions being tightened when teams run over time.

The women's games have been awesome, and are far more tactical. Amazing.

Should have been showing half the T20 games on terrestrial TV, and this comp proves it.

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Being open minded I decided to watch the last part of a Hundred game where the team in purple captained by Ben Stokes fooked up so that the team in yellow won.

Basically T20 with unnecessary and pointless adjustments. Made up teams with no history or tradition saddled with ridiculous names and manned by mercenaries, several with dyed hair.

TV screen cluttered up with garish graphics. “Oh yeah !” flashing across the screen when a six is hit. Over the top drooling by the commentators. Match ups, time outs and other new glitzy words.

All too American for me.

Pass the sick bag please. 🤢

DB9

Being open minded I decided to watch the last part of a Hundred game where the team in purple captained by Ben Stokes fooked up so that the team in yellow won.

Basically T20 with unnecessary and pointless adjustments. Made up teams with no history or tradition saddled with ridiculous names and manned by mercenaries, several with dyed hair.

TV screen cluttered up with garish graphics. “Oh yeah !” flashing across the screen when a six is hit. Over the top drooling by the commentators. Match ups, time outs and other new glitzy words.

All too American for me.

Pass the sick bag please. 🤢
I love Test Cricket but the County games are dying on their arse so another revenue stream is needed, The Hundred, Its quick, Noisy, Fast paced and it can keep younger fans occupied, Agree about the crap around it but this is its first season and when all done and dusted they'll be things they'll keep and stuff they'll bin.

Alistair20000

I love Test Cricket but the County games are dying on their arse so another revenue stream is needed, The Hundred, Its quick, Noisy, Fast paced and it can keep younger fans occupied, Agree about the crap around it but this is its first season and when all done and dusted they'll be things they'll keep and stuff they'll bin.
If it brings money into the game that is a plus I guess. The timing is favourable at present with Covid restrictions eased. Remains to be seen if the novelty wears off.

Rosencrantz

Lets face it. The ECB despite introducing T20 to the professional game missed a trick and the IPL and other franchises (The Big Bash etc) ran with it. The ECB didn't realise the cash cow they had created and missed the gravy boat.

This is their answer. Tweak the format, boost the hype and get the cash in. With covid, the teams are not as packed with the world talent as bargained for but bare people are streaming into the grounds and being very partisan very quickly from what I have seen.

This is what the T20 blast should be. High quality teams with more overseas talent, condensed into a quicker competition time. They have simply knocked 20 balls off the top end to differentiate it from the IPL. Not for everyone I know, but it is doing what it says on the tin.

As for the "6 Oh Yeah" idents they have missed a trick. Should have got Bumble to write the scripts.

"Ooh My Goodness Me"
"Where's That Gone?"
"Watch The Windows Tino" (oops, wrong Lancastrian!)

fred binneys head

I’m enjoying it and think it’s a great idea to combine the women’s and men’s games.

Alistair20000

Lets face it. The ECB despite introducing T20 to the professional game missed a trick and the IPL and other franchises (The Big Bash etc) ran with it. The ECB didn't realise the cash cow they had created and missed the gravy boat.

This is their answer. Tweak the format, boost the hype and get the cash in. With covid, the teams are not as packed with the world talent as bargained for but bare people are streaming into the grounds and being very partisan very quickly from what I have seen.

This is what the T20 blast should be. High quality teams with more overseas talent, condensed into a quicker competition time. They have simply knocked 20 balls off the top end to differentiate it from the IPL. Not for everyone I know, but it is doing what it says on the tin.

As for the "6 Oh Yeah" idents they have missed a trick. Should have got Bumble to write the scripts.

"Ooh My Goodness Me"
"Where's That Gone?"
"Watch The Windows Tino" (oops, wrong Lancastrian!)
“Start the car”