• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Photo - Thursday 25th April 1985 - any ideas?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Apols for the quality, me scanner's playing up so had to photo the photo ...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m pretty certain that is The Kings Arms(Cowick St,Exeter) team.

The occasional is probably a Sunday League Cup Final that was played at SJP in those days.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Many thanks, Olds. That explains why I couldn't recognise the team. My Father is third suit from the front. He had a trophy business at the time, so I presume he either provided the trophies / medals or maybe sponsored it in some way.

(As an aside, I was chatting to a friend about the photo. I said I'd stick it on exeweb, someone's bound to know what it is. He replied "if anyone does, it'll be the guy with 'olds' in his name". :D (y))

haka

Is there a list somewhere of local finals and similar, played at SJP? I remember going to a few, simply because it was football and in those days live games were (almost) never on telly.

Got a vague memory of Dawlish v Holsworthy in the Devon Bowl (probably not called that then). And St Lukes.

Nigel E

Is there a list somewhere of local finals and similar, played at SJP? I remember going to a few, simply because it was football and in those days live games were (almost) never on telly.

Got a vague memory of Dawlish v Holsworthy in the Devon Bowl (probably not called that then). And St Lukes.
The archive people are trying to capture them in here:

They may not be complete, as they are a bit obscure.

Some Dawlish matches in the early 70s. I think I went to one or two of these too.

Grecian 1901

The archive people are trying to capture them in here:

They may not be complete, as they are a bit obscure.

Some Dawlish matches in the early 70s. I think I went to one or two of these too.
We are, Nigel, but there are thousands? Many undocumented! Anyone want to help us?

If you post it on Devon and Exeter past football teams on FB you will get an answer!