• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A much undervalued and experienced player gone imo. It will be interesting to see if he signs a like for like 'targetman' to carry on the same style linking in with MJ or whether the Manager will change to a new style altogether? I would like to see the boy from Maidenhead join but we are seriously light up top! One thing is for sure in that our current Manager is the polar opposite to the previous one who sought to keep at all costs the nucluous of the existing squad season on season - something that you cant say Taylor is doing :)
I think Matt really wants pace from his frontmen and will look to go that way now.

Ashford Grecian

Certainly looking a bit of a thin squad atm. Lots of experience departed and not much on the inward bound side yet. Only positives so far are the grass is growing and we’ve struck water. Not sure how that will get us out of L2.
It might well get us out of league 2 I fear

iscalad

I think Matt really wants pace from his frontmen and will look to go that way now.
We live in hope

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just popping into the garage to find me old boots. Don't want anybody to say i wasn't ready when called.

As a point of interest, are toe caps still allowed? ..... boy, can't wait to head a ball with no laces in it, they didn't half hurt when you got it wrong.
You'll be needed all right. I've been sold for an undisclosed fee to an undisclosed club.

(I promise it's not Argiggle)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve been bracing myself for a while, it was on the cards.

Thanks Ryan for everything you gave us, you were my kind of player, a blood and guts, ‘take an elbow and give one back’ kind of player who made up for the occasional lack of technical ability with effort and aggression. And you scored 1 in 3 as a target man fighting lone battles most of the time. That’ll do for me.

Good luck at Shrewsbury big man.
Not the first time you've found the right words, fred. (y)

I remember seeing Ryan in Tesco a couple of years ago. He gave me a few bruises, but I didn't mind. I knew he was just getting ready for Saturday.

Rosencrantz

You'll be needed all right. I've been sold for an undisclosed fee to an undisclosed club.

(I promise it's not Argiggle)
It going to be Rovers isn't it 🙁

tonykellowfan

Another one of our players that many didnt rate has gone to a club higher up. I hope we get a decent replacement.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team is going to be vastly different next year.A lot of work will be needed to shape all those new players into a cohesive unit.

Banksy

It going to be Rovers isn't it 🙁
With Roy as captain.

Rosencrantz

With Roy as captain.
Team probably changed a bit from your time to mine I guess 😉

Bowman would have to be on the bench.