• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice change of Exeweb location fred (y)

denzil

I really don't get all this panic that's going on. We're still over a week from training starting again. That's when the spies at the Cliff Hill will be telling us of all the unknown cars that are in the car park! Deals will be going on in the back ground. Even by exeweb standards, this growing fear of impending relegation or close to it when we haven't even started training yet is unbelievable. Get a grip people!
Isn't the purpose of pre season training to a) get fit and b)learn the style of play the Manager wants ? Miss part of that and it's all catch up and the team at the start of the season falls behind on points. ATM we seem to be nearly up sheet creek with a termite eaten paddle....

grecIAN Harris

Do you lot really think Bowman is going out the door without a replacement being lined up? Bear in mind that's why he didn't go during the season

denzil

Do you lot really think Bowman is going out the door without a replacement being lined up? Bear in mind that's why he didn't go during the season
I would have said that he hadn't gone because the window had closed !!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we have not got something lined up someone needs shooting - it's no good having money in the bank when you don't have a side to play !
Good luck Ryan - I hope this transfer doesn't come back to bite us on the bum !
UTC

grecIAN Harris

I would have said that he hadn't gone because the window had closed !!
Before we could sign a replacement for him to let him go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks set to leave for a League 1 team
Indeed he did. To think you were doubted

Exehausted

Isn't the purpose of pre season training to a) get fit and b)learn the style of play the Manager wants ? Miss part of that and it's all catch up and the team at the start of the season falls behind on points. ATM we seem to be nearly up sheet creek with a termite eaten paddle....
I seem to remember a similar panic at the start of the 07/08 season. Buckle was making signing after signing at Torquay and Tis hadn't signed anyone. Phrases like "Buckle acts and Tisdale waits" were all over exeweb. We all know how that season ended. Some clubs sign 12 or more players every season and let most of them go after 12 months. We might sign up to 10 players which will be the most we have signed for many seasons. I'm sure we aren't looking at one season fly by nights, but offering good two year deals to good players as others will be. Some will say no, some will say yes. I'm convinced they will be here either on trial or fully signed by Monday 28th June, which is when I presume we start training again. I have every faith in Matt and the Board that we will be ready to go for the first match of the season in August.

Jesus I really was hoping Bowman would stay, that’s bad bad news. Be hard to get anyone as good as him at this level now, I’m starting to worry about next season now.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's always squeaky bum time of year when we worry about whether the replacements will be as good or better than those that have left.