• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list

Number13

State of play. You could argue Sparkes should be on the wing and Coley might play on the right but I've based on where I think these players fit at current. Ordered by surname alphabetically before someone shouts Stubbs isn't 5th choice RCB. Massive gaps down the right midfield/wing, left side of defence and weak in the 10 (although maybe Dodd fits here if he is still around...). I still haven't counted Sweeney, Page, Cox or Lee as they're not signed on currently...

View attachment 6255

That looks incredibly thin if you take out the kids who wont play more than 5 league games and we are only actaully now waiting on one to sign or not (Page)

ryancooper327

Updated based on some feedback.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
My we are looking a bit thin.Hope we can drum up enough players for some PSF ‘s .😀

ryancooper327

Obviously we don’t need every ‘position’ on the chart filled, though starting 17 players may do us good

Red Devon

My we are looking a bit thin.Hope we can drum up enough players for some PSF ‘s .😀
Looking at that we must be at least five or six first teamers short...the majority of the young lasted must 12-18 months away from establishing themselves.

Memphis09

Looking at that we must be at least five or six first teamers short...the majority of the young lasted must 12-18 months away from establishing themselves.
Matt Taylor says he has contract offers to six players looking at the list above I think we need double that plus no guarantee players offered will sign

iscalad

Matt Taylor says he has contract offers to six players looking at the list above I think we need double that plus no guarantee players offered will sign
One down with Sweenz leaving.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who knows? Randall and Key took to it like a duck to water. And Hartridge eventually established himself. If two or three others do the same this season then the picture looks much rosier.

andrew p long

One down with Sweenz leaving.
It wasn't at all clear (to me, at least!) whether the 6 offers MT mentioned included Sweenz and Lewis Page or not. I interpreted it as 6 offers to players from outside ECFC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who knows? Randall and Key took to it like a duck to water. And Hartridge eventually established himself. If two or three others do the same this season then the picture looks much rosier.
Dyer and, especially Kite, are getting to an age where they will presumably be expected to be contributing to the first team. Of the others, I guess Diabate and Iseguan are nearest to the first team. However, the problem for all these players is that, apart from a few under-23 friendlies towards the end of last season, they haven’t played much football over the last 15 months.