• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
NZ on top after 80 more runs from Debm.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If England are going to select Overton and Leach but then not play them, why can't they be released back to the Cidermen to play in the T20 Blast tonight ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen stuffed by Sorry tonight. :(

Alistair20000

If England are going to select Overton and Leach but then not play them, why can't they be released back to the Cidermen to play in the T20 Blast tonight ?
In a bio secure bubble innit

Colesman Ballz

In a bio secure bubble innit
Ah ! Still don't see the point of selecting Leach at all, if Root prefers to play himself as a spinner, and leave Jack twiddling his thumbs like the proverbial spare ***** at a wedding ! The weakened Somerset attack suffered a right demolition job at the hands of Sorry. :mad:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor out for 80, but NZ will soon have a first innings lead.

Alistair20000

Ah ! Still don't see the point of selecting Leach at all, if Root prefers to play himself as a spinner, and leave Jack twiddling his thumbs like the proverbial spare ***** at a wedding ! The weakened Somerset attack suffered a right demolition job at the hands of Sorry. :mad:
Jack Leach tends not to rock up for the T20 gig with leggie Max Waller preferred. Unusually Waller has taken a pasting in the first two games. Marchant de Lange bowled a shocking over last night (his first and the second of the innings) with two no balls that each went for four giving 12 free runs. 22 off the over. Feckin' dire. Definitely missing Craig Overton. Van der Merwe didn't play last night so only one spin option. As the Sorry spinners old fart Gareth Batty and young Dan Moriarty were the most economical bowlers Somerset might have done better with another spinner.

Must confess to stopping watching it once it was clear Sorry were going to smash Somerset and instead switched too an expected simple Essex run chase of an inadequate Hampshire total at the Chelmsford crap hole. However, they imploded losing their last 5 wickets for 22 runs after some superb miserly bowling by Chris Wood and Liam Dawson. I feckin' hate Essex.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack Leach tends not to rock up for the T20 gig with leggie Max Waller preferred. Unusually Waller has taken a pasting in the first two games. Marchant de Lange bowled a shocking over last night (his first and the second of the innings) with two no balls that each went for four giving 12 free runs. 22 off the over. Feckin' dire. Definitely missing Craig Overton. Van der Merwe didn't play last night so only one spin option. As the Sorry spinners old fart Gareth Batty and young Dan Moriarty were the most economical bowlers Somerset might have done better with another spinner.

Must confess to stopping watching it once it was clear Sorry were going to smash Somerset and instead switched too an expected simple Essex run chase of an inadequate Hampshire total at the Chelmsford crap hole. However, they imploded losing their last 5 wickets for 22 runs after some superb miserly bowling by Chris Wood and Liam Dawson. I feckin' hate Essex.
Re. de Lange, certainly disappointing from the club's overseas player. True, it's much harder than it used to be to get hold of somebody decent for any length of time.

I've disliked Essex since 1978, though Graham Gooch is one of my favourite England players. I saw Goochie score 200 at Taunton very late in his career. I didn't begrudge him because of his heroics for England.

Alistair20000

England in deep shi*t with 4 wickets gone and still 27 behind

Make that 5

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's 9 now. Lead of 36.