• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Common sense prevails, You should be able to have an opinion, People can disagree, Which is fine.

I don't mind people having an opinion at all if it's the same as mine .đŸ˜‰

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

Is it true that Johnson personally negotiated the Northern Ireland protocol?

Mr Jinx

And so Starmer has now picked a side wrt the Boo Boys.

He's just gone and lost Batley. Nailed on now.

IndoMike

Looks like Raaaaab has woken from his hibernation to say that the ball is in the EU's court re the Protocol. These Tories are setting such a bad example to the British public with their refusal to accept responsibility, denial of reality, and constant deflection. No wonder that one or two posters have acquired the habit.
Even more ironic is that Johnson signed the Protocol agreement. Old Johnson caught between a rock and a hard place.
Ireland : a problem with no solution.Time for Johnson to find a big fridge to hide in?

angelic upstart

And so Starmer has now picked a side wrt the Boo Boys.

He's just gone and lost Batley. Nailed on now.
It's a sorry state of affairs when elections are potentially won or lost. Not on what you can, or can't do in parliament. But because some old men don't like a bloody knee and they've kicked up a fuss about it.

angelic upstart

I see the PM has also advised fans not to boo.

A mountain out of a molehill. The whole thing is crazy.

Oldsmobile-88

I see the PM has also advised fans not to boo.

A mountain out of a molehill. The whole thing is crazy.
Just taking things on a tangent.Next year the England team could be playing in Qatar at stadiums built by modern slavery.How does that sit with the FA ?

There is a fair bit of hypocrisy floating about as per usual.

On the on going debate about taking the knee :

We are told that it’s nothing to do with the BLM movement,fair enough but that statement gets confused when broadcasters have BLM logos & clubs have them plastered around the stands ?

I personally do not see a issue if players want to show solidarity on this issue.Its a group decision & fair play to them.But the flip side is a poisonous atmosphere before the game starts.
This is not going to end well.

angelic upstart

Just taking things on a tangent.Next year the England team could be playing in Qatar at stadiums built by modern slavery.How does that sit with the FA ?

There is a fair bit of hypocrisy floating about as per usual.

On the on going debate about taking the knee :

We are told that it’s nothing to do with the BLM movement,fair enough but that statement gets confused when broadcasters have BLM logos & clubs have them plastered around the stands ?

I personally do not see a issue if players want to show solidarity on this issue.Its a group decision & fair play to them.But the flip side is a poisonous atmosphere before the game starts.
This is not going to end well.
Would be nice if some players put their money where their mouth is and boycotted the World Cup. I don't see that happening though.

No good can come of it and the worst thing is it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to either side. It affects no one positively or negatively. A racist isn't going to suddenly think I like everyone cos he was Immobile, sorry, Harry Maguire doing some knee. Equally, booing is pointless, it changes nothing.

Rosencrantz

Would be nice if some players put their money where their mouth is and boycotted the World Cup. I don't see that happening though.

No good can come of it and the worst thing is it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to either side. It affects no one positively or negatively. A racist isn't going to suddenly think I like everyone cos he was Immobile, sorry, Harry Maguire doing some knee. Equally, booing is pointless, it changes nothing.
The current generation of those who boo aren't going to change and neither are those who feel social media is the ideal platform to propagate rascist abuse. But that isn't really who the knee is aimed at, it's keeping the awareness alive for the next generation to hopefully be better. Let's be honest, wearing a t shirt once a season isn't going to do much. Keeping a message going will at least keep the conversation going and attract questions from kids but only if everything else about getting out and educating is done as well will you hopefully get results.

angelic upstart

I don't think the next generation will have a problem. A quarter of children born in the UK are non white. There's numerous second/third gen white immigrants in the UK and they generally don't see things the way that the over 40s do. Times have changed, and as a nation we have to move forward.

In short, if social media was around in the seventies the same thing would've happened with Bernard Manning and him being "cancelled" and the "marxists" that want to tell you how to think are too woke or whatever. We know that, and I get it. What I don't understand is why 40/50 years later when society is much more cohesive, we need to keep awareness alive so regularly where the problem is mostly with those who are too old, or stubborn to ever change their view.