• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
For the best, he was fine as cover but you don’t want to be playing him every week to progress
Hmmm, not so sure about that Max. I always liked the way he was able to fit into changes of partnership. Adaptability is a very good skill to have.

For the best, he was fine as cover but you don’t want to be playing him every week to progress
I’m actually delighted about this, always liked the lad…but come on he was dodgy as you like..always worried me. We need better than him if we are gonna move forward.

andrew p long

Mind may of already been made up when Taylor tried forcing him out last season. Great season from him though, least he gave us that.
Indeed. The season started with the disrespectful way that MT treated Sweeney (stripped of squad number, made to train with the youth team) and has ended with both Sweeney and his closest friend Jake Taylor deciding to leave Exeter City.

malcolms

Huge shame seeing another one go, big shoes to fill!!
Big shorts to fill.... :)

Hmmm, not so sure about that Max. I always liked the way he was able to fit into changes of partnership. Adaptability is a very good skill to have.
He might
Big shorts to fill.... :)
ha not wrong….he deffo was carrying Covid weight this year, I think him and Parkes must have had a 2 for 1 at Dominoes deal going on.

Cygnus

Good bloke, but surely if we are really going for automatic promotion this season, with an increased budget, we should be looking to use his wages to strengthen in other areas. As Stubbs if he is finally fit, should be an upgrade at centre back.

Indeed. The season started with the disrespectful way that MT treated Sweeney (stripped of squad number, made to train with the youth team) and has ended with both Sweeney and his closest friend Jake Taylor deciding to leave Exeter City.
Disrespectful? Sweeney was stealing a wage the season before last.

manc grecian

Meh. Good luck to him but both parties need to move on.

jimbo-gould

I liked Sweeney, think he got an unfair amount of stick on here. Definitely better players out there, but as a squad player I don’t think he would’ve been bad to keep. Wish him well.

grecIAN Harris

Until last season Sweens was either brilliant or a total car crash with not a lot in between. Last season he found some steadiness and consistency to his game and departure, whilst enjoyed by some, will weaken our ability to play with three at the back (until as such times as we can find a capable replacement).