• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cummings fails to provide the select committee with the evidence to back up his Hancock allegations.🙄
His testimony, provided under oath, was evidence; what's he's yet to provide is proof to support that evidence.

And while I appreciate where you're coming from, witnesses at a trial aren't obliged to provide proof before their testimony is given any credence.

As I see it, Cummings is yet to provide any proof and, thus far today, Hancock seems to have a very convenient memory lapse when he's asked to explain how lots of critical decisions were arrived at.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Adrian Rogers was the conservative candidate
Blimey, there's a name that's, thankfully, from the past.

tavyred

His testimony, provided under oath, was evidence; what's he's yet to provide is proof to support that evidence.

And while I appreciate where you're coming from, witnesses at a trial aren't obliged to provide proof before their testimony is given any credence.

As I see it, Cummings is yet to provide any proof and, thus far today, Hancock seems to have a very convenient memory lapse when he's asked to explain how lots of critical decisions were arrived at.
Apologies, I worded my post poorly.
From memory DC was asked to provide written evidence to back up his very serious allegations about the HS. He agreed to do that and thus far has failed to do so. He is obliged to provide the evidence because he said he would.
That to me says more about the accuser than the accused.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies, I worded my post poorly.
From memory DC was asked to provide written evidence to back up his very serious allegations about the HS. He agreed to do that and thus far has failed to do so. He is obliged to provide the evidence because he said he would.
That to me says more about the accuser than the accused.
If Cumming is anything he's a master tactician.

That being the case, if I was him I'd wait until after Hancock had provided his testimony before volunteering any proof I might have. Why give him an opportunity to see your hand and prepare his response accordingly if, as is clearly the case here, you're out to skewer him?!

tavyred

That being the case, if I was him I'd wait until after Hancock had provided his testimony before volunteering any proof I might have. Why give him an opportunity to see your hand and prepare his response accordingly if, as is clearly the case here, you're out to skewer him?!
Yep.
I thought that too.👍

IndoMike

You seem very adept in the Machievellian arts of being a politician, Egg. But you make a good point

IndoMike

This is the first time I've seen this video.
It really is quite astonishing. Is Hancock really trying to suppress laughter, is he pretending to cry, is he overcome by hilarity by the mention of the name William Shakespeare? It really is the oddest thing, especially considering the context.

Grecian2K

He wasn't crying Mike.
He was laughing.
All the way to the bank! :mad:

IndoMike

Yes, but according to the Boy Genius the widespread virus infections in care homes were nothing to do with untested patients being sent back to the homes - how could he know this if they were not tested?
He has also said today there was no shortage of PPE and that he was the instigator of the search for a vaccine.
He also single - handedly built the Pyramids and rowed across the Pacific Ocean in a teapot.
It's a terrible thing when you believe the villainous Cummings more than you believe the bloke responsible for our NhS.
I can't imagine what the conversation would be like if Johnson, Williams and Hancock were sat around a table in the pub. Someone should do a spoof

DB9

Common sense prevails, You should be able to have an opinion, People can disagree, Which is fine.