• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What did the Buddhist say toe the Roman Catholic?

My karma has run over your dogma!
With great respect to all Buddhists:

"The hot dog vendor makes a Buddhist customer one and says, "That'll be $7.50.”
The Buddhist hands him a twenty. The hot dog vendor pockets it and turns to serve the next customer.
The Buddhist asks, "What about my change?"
The vendor replies, "Change comes from within."

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next Season = Last Chance saloon - apparently

jimmy

Next Season = Last Chance saloon - apparently
Or "sh*t or bust" as KMT puts it! :LOL:

Pobbop

It's fair enough,, but KMT has acknowledged that his progress was put back by playing out of position, still only 20, had a few injuries I have faith he will come good.

dommers

It would help if Sparkes was played in the right position

Grecian Max

A tough one isn't it because what really is his best position now? I would say he doesn't have the legs to be the attacking player many (including myself) thought he was. I think he's a decent LB these days but reality is Page is better. MT has apparently spoken of potentially signing another LB which would mean Sparkes being pushed further forward, but with Iseguan waiting in the wings I fear it's another stalling season for JS.

Grecian2K

Isn't he a left sided player?

TSW1389

A tough one isn't it because what really is his best position now? I would say he doesn't have the legs to be the attacking player many (including myself) thought he was. I think he's a decent LB these days but reality is Page is better. MT has apparently spoken of potentially signing another LB which would mean Sparkes being pushed further forward, but with Iseguan waiting in the wings I fear it's another stalling season for JS.
Could he move into central midfield? Be a good left footed balance with Collins but be very light weight and don't see much tackling. He has a good range of passing and eye for a shot but just not sure. Strange doubting his defensive ability after a year as left wing/full back but is a different style of defending in the middle

Rosencrantz

I think the seeming lack of legs from Jack is more a lack of dynamism which he seems to have lost somewhere. Out and out pace isn't the be all and end all in an attacking player (Rowbotham, McDermott) but that change of pace over 5 yards helps to create a yard to deliver a cross or get a shot away. I still think Jack is best as a left sided attacking player (or inverted right side to wind someone up ;)). His best game last season was at Cambridge when he played left wing and got close to Bowman and attacked the six yard area. You want Jack in and around the penalty area with the ball on his left foot or attacking a cross.

I hope Jack has a good off season and returns to pre-season with that dynamism he had back.

Ex-ciderrr

I can’t say I’m surprised the manager has made next season make or break for him, consistently poor last season on the whole. I respect the fact he’s had to play left back and LWB at times which isn’t normally his role we know that, he knows that, but in terms of wing or midfield he’s not been any better either, realistically he’s hardly going to be ahead of a fully fit Joel Randall at LW, I can’t see him playing RW again - tried and tested that last season again, poor. Very 1 footed, not blessed with pace either and I’m wondering where he would fit in tbh with signings to come in LB? and wide attackers Possibly. Don’t get me wrong He will get opportunities and some starts again in the XI during the season obviously, but barring injuries and some poor form i very much see him as just a squad player.