• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

🤣

So you think he's pretty awesome yet you say he can't finish.

Not sure how those two things go together for a striker.
Pretty obvious really, think Emile Heskey

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously a marmite player. I like him and tbh I don’t understand why some people who watch the same games don’t like him. That’s football I suppose.
I think you can like him (like me) but also feel that for us to be that bit better (top 3), he isn't quite there. Yes I'd him on the bench but I don't think he realistically wants that and could be even more detrimental to his game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty obvious really, think Emile Heskey
Bowman isn't awesome.

Pretty obvious really.

tonykellowfan

I think you can like him (like me) but also feel that for us to be that bit better (top 3), he isn't quite there. Yes I'd him on the bench but I don't think he realistically wants that and could be even more detrimental to his game.
No I would actually be perfectly happy with him leading the line with Randall-Jay-Another winger behind as a team that could challenge for the autos.

robchave

I think Bowman is pretty awesome at this level actually…people forget he plays nearly every game on his own up front…it’s probably the hardest position on the pitch. Leads the line well, can’t finish but that’s the reason he plays for us and not a better team.
You could just as easily say that the reason we are not a better team is because he plays for us.

Personally, I like him but feel he needs starting competition.

tonykellowfan

The problem in the last season is that we had no cover for the front 6 of Collins, Taylor, Bowman, Jay, Williams and Randall.

Subs for them were usually a massive drop off in quality.

That was clear once Law left.

Red Devon

Bowman’s goal return is what you’d hope to get from decent no2 striker, ie Flack partnering Rowbotham - Logan partnering Cureton....he’s done a fair job considering he doesn’t have that natural goal scorers instinct and touch....put him in the Bolton team alongside Doyle and his 10 or 11 goals would look pretty good.

LDNGrecian

Bowman’s goal return is what you’d hope to get from decent no2 striker, ie Flack partnering Rowbotham - Logan partnering Cureton....he’s done a fair job considering he doesn’t have that natural goal scorers instinct and touch....put him in the Bolton team alongside Doyle and his 10 or 11 goals would look pretty good.
Do you mean 14 goals? And they compliment well someone who scored 18 goals?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman and Jay are the new Jepson and Ross combination!

Red Devon

Do you mean 14 goals? And they compliment well someone who scored 18 goals?
Doyle 19 Main man

Bowman 14 Supporting role = Proper pairing

I guess you’d be happy with just Bowman.