• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tonykellowfan

Popularity is a pro-active emotion / expression. If someone doesn't vote for any party that means no party is popular with that person. I"m not talking about lack of popularity : I'm talking about popularity : a proactive expression
The Tories are the most popular party as I said. I really cannot understand what you are trying to say?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike should be more exercised by the question as to why the Labour candidate only attracted 12% of the total electorate.

I guess the other 88% are all thick, gullible and closet racists.
And the LibDems, Who are supposed to be the 3rd Party only got about 389 votes! As I was trying to say to Mike earlier, People who cant be arsed to vote don't count, I'm sorry if this hurts people but every adult in the UK get to vote, You don't vote, Don't complain about the result in your local area or Nationally.

angelic upstart

Seems that Channel 4 is gonna be privatised. Not a good decision in my opinion.

angelic upstart

Oh and one more thing before I scuttle off again. Re the current Israel situation, my opinion is this - Netanyahu has (again) sacrificed the lives of Israelis and Palestinians in for his continued political survival.

Reactions: DB9

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not just Indo though (I'll take your word for it as I don't see his posts), the Guardian has also been busy dressing up last week's turd sandwich:

Not quite. That's clearly an opinion piece, which is rather different from a news story. Moreover, you could just as easily find another opinion piece on The Guardian website saying that the Labour Party is in a mess.

For instance: www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/07/election-results-expose-the-deep-problems-for-starmers-labour

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mike should be more exercised by the question as to why the Labour candidate only attracted 12% of the total electorate.

I guess the other 88% are all thick, gullible and closet racists.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's worth pointing out it wasn't that long ago the people of Hartlepool elected a guy who dressed up in a monkey suit to be the football club's mascot as their mayor!

Oldsmobile-88

Seems that Channel 4 is gonna be privatised. Not a good decision in my opinion.
Channel 4 questions the establishment,by turning it into a mini ITV it will have to chase ratings instead.

DB9

Channel 4 questions the establishment,by turning it into a mini ITV it will have to chase ratings instead.
C4 have had to chase ratings since their part of the licence fee was dropped and they had to rely on advertising for income, In 1982 when C4 started they really were innotive and pushed boundaries but now it's all reality rubbish and cheap TV, They've lost their way I think.

angelic upstart

Like Colombo before me, just one more thing. Today is the day I’ve officially realised I’m a dinosaur!
Some bloke called Beckett some top bod at Unite union wrote a tweet about Priti Patel and the old bill are investigating he’s been Suspended bythe Labour Party, and I read it and didn’t get the racism in it.

IndoMike

It’s classic Indo Al, he’s asked a question he can’t be bothered to do the work on himself. If he could get past wanting to score rhetorical points, he’d understand that the point he’s desperate to make has been conceded and called irrelevant by myself and DB. In short, in true ‘loser’ fashion he’s adding up the votes of those who didn’t vote Tory in Hartlepool with those who couldn’t be bothered to vote at all and making the argument that the Tories aren’t that popular after all.
Desperate stuff really. 🙄
You said that the Tory Govt was very popular, so I'll keep asking you my simple question -
What percentage of the Hartlepool electorate voted for the Tory candidate?
Why are you so afraid or embarrassed to answer such a simple question?
For someone with so much Tory boy propaganda to spew out I'm surprised that you are speechless when it comes to answering my simple question.
Your attempts to evade my question do not wash with me at all : anyone with even half a pea brain can see you're desperately avoiding the issue. You can never handle the truth...
Happy Friday...👍
I look forward to the answer to my question...