• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Then I can't put anymore to you, For me I see these things that have improved but if you don't see it then we'll agree to disagree, The average Joe Public in the UK, Their lives have improved as far as I can see. Wages have gone up, Self employment has gone up, Further Education has gone up, Home ownership has gone up, These things are what people do from day to day, There are lots of inequality in those areas too and have to be improved and that does start in the home as well as getting a nudge up from local or national Governments.
Sorry, but case not proven. Cameron promised to build 200k affordable homes gave up the plan. Millions are on low paid salaries or zero hours. Crime has increased. Social problems have increased Obviously a few have done well, but not the vast majority. And the country has been dumb- down : seems like the highlight of the week is to watch some crummy reality show on the box. It's not safe to walk the streets at night. People think it's an achievement to get p*ssed and brag about how many pints they can drink. Portugal for example has much better way of life and is more cultured than England. And the City centres? Awful. The same brands, ghastly betting shops and estate agents. They all look the same

DB9

More than enough? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I could do your job and look, but to be honest CBA.
Are you making the point that says when you add the votes of those who voted for someone else together with those who didn’t vote at all, the nasty Tories aren’t that popular? 🙄
Please discount those that didn't vote, They all get the right to vote, Get a Polling card, If they can't be arsed then they have no right to moan or say anything about the outcome.

tavyred

January 2016. Got in 3 City matches :
Wycombe 4-2 Crewe 4-0 and one other - I forget - was a 0-0 draw. Bloody freezing weather..
That would explain then you’re rather negative, some would say outdated view of the U.K. Mike.
Contrary to what you read in the Guardian as gospel, the country is pretty much as it was in 2016 save for the democratically arrived at decision to leave the auspices of the EU trading bloc. When you next come back home, I reckon you’ll be pleasantly surprised that we’re still the liberal western democracy you remember.

IndoMike

More than enough? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I could do your job and look, but to be honest CBA.
Are you making the point that says when you add the votes of those who voted for someone else together with those who didn’t vote at all, the nasty Tories aren’t that popular? 🙄
It was a simple question, Tavers. Why do you choose to be evasive? Problem?
I'll try again. What percentage of the electorate in Hartlepool voted for the Tory candidate? My maths is so bad I can't work it out 🙄

IndoMike

Please discount those that didn't vote, They all get the right to vote, Get a Polling card, If they can't be arsed then they have no right to moan or say anything about the outcome.
Sorry, but I was asking Tavers. Why are you so worried about the truth? Have you caught Trump disease? It was a simple question : now kindly butt out

tonykellowfan

I think you are confused about how elections work. The winner is the one with the most votes.

DB9

Sorry, but case not proven. Cameron promised to build 200k affordable homes gave up the plan. Millions are on low paid salaries or zero hours. Crime has increased. Social problems have increased Obviously a few have done well, but not the vast majority. And the country has been dumb- down : seems like the highlight of the week is to watch some crummy reality show on the box. It's not safe to walk the streets at night. People think it's an achievement to get p*ssed and brag about how many pints they can drink. Portugal for example has much better way of life and is more cultured than England. And the City centres? Awful. The same brands, ghastly betting shops and estate agents. They all look the same
The vast majority have not been downtrodden or not done well, They could be better but also a lot worse, The vast majority just work and get on with their lives, As for the towns looking like they do and the skank estates, That is for the local Councils to improve, Look at the Political make up of those Councils, Austerity has had a real impact on lives and as usual its those on the lower end of society that it's taken its toll on but the lower end of society is NOT the vast majority, Just like the top end is not the majority, The majority are those in-between and they, Which I think is most of us on here just get on, Try to improve ours and our families lives.

DB9

It was a simple question, Tavers. Why do you choose to be evasive? Problem?
I'll try again. What percentage of the electorate in Hartlepool voted for the Tory candidate? My maths is so bad I can't work it out 🙄

IndoMike

You wouldn't think it was such a difficult question to answer
That would explain then you’re rather negative, some would say outdated view of the U.K. Mike.
Contrary to what you read in the Guardian as gospel, the country is pretty much as it was in 2016 save for the democratically arrived at decision to leave the auspices of the EU trading bloc. When you next come back home, I reckon you’ll be pleasantly surprised that we’re still the liberal western democracy you remember.
Tavers. What percentage of the Hartlepool electorate voted for the Tory candidate?
Is it a national secret? Since you said the Tories are so popular I am imagining that at least 50% of the electorate voted for him.

DB9

Sorry, but I was asking Tavers. Why are you so worried about the truth? Have you caught Trump disease? It was a simple question : now kindly butt out
No I won't, If people are given the right to vote and can't be arsed to vote they do not come into any equation, It is their choice to vote or not but can't moan about the outcome, Nothing "Trump" about that, If you believe in voting and the democratic right to vote to change things then use it. Perhaps a better question to ask is what % of those who actually voted did vote for the Tory candidate, Not just those who can vote?

Last edited: