• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barrow AFC Match Day Thread

Excellent interview from JT -will be a sad loss, top 25 all time appearances I think for the club and has given his all.
Been offered a new deal and obviously turned it down..........hold fire on the Summer signings. The club will not be splashing the cash. Some Senior pros will move on for the sake of their families and themselves.
Really worried about the ambition of our club Talk the talk.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent interview from JT -will be a sad loss, top 25 all time appearances I think for the club and has given his all.
Been offered a new deal and obviously turned it down..........hold fire on the Summer signings. The club will not be splashing the cash. Some Senior pros will move on for the sake of their families and themselves.
Makes you wonder whether Taylor opened his mouth and put his foot in it with his strong team next season statement doing it without Board approval . Now perhaps he’s been told to dumb it down a bit.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there a link to his interview as the one I've seen on twitter he doesn't mention his future?

CWH-NYC_

We absolutely must sort the recruitment out this summer. It has been very poor over the past two years and whoever suggested and recruited Ajose, Atangana, Fisher, Caprice and more Must be held to account. Our trust representives on the board should be asking very serious questions on how we ever agreed to pay high wages to Ajose and never got anything worth from him. Had it not been for our youngsters and we relied on the older so called experienced players we could have easily been in a relegation dog fight
This is certainly my biggest gripe of MTs tenor so far. Signings and/or lack off them gets about a 2 out of 10 on my rating scale. No way are we going to be competitive over a season without this being resolved. For all the things the club does well they need to admit this area has been well below acceptable.

FAO The Ice Man - Thank you for your efforts.
First signing please...and make him captain

IndoMike

Makes you wonder whether Taylor opened his mouth and put his foot in it with his strong team next season statement doing it without Board approval . Now perhaps he’s been told to dumb it down a bit.
I was thinking the same, Banksy. I remember commenting at the time that MT seemed desperate to convince the fans and maybe himself that next season would be better. He certainly said we were gonna bring in quality players and implied that we had the money to do it.

grecIAN Harris

Not really, it’s opinions based on 46 games of inconsistency.
No it's not, it's knee jerk reaction. If it wasn't, opinions would be measured and acknowledgeable of the good things the side has done. You've only got to read JayPob's post as an example. Teams that are s4it don't top the table during the season, don't score the amount of goals we have this season, don't end up with the third best goal difference in the division. It is fair to say we have lost our way at the back third if the season and that has cost us. For me, Matt has to take responsibility for the mismanagement of central midfield which in my mind was a major factor in our downfall. He didn't replace the creativity lost when Nicky Law went and he didn't rotate the midfield enough to allow Taylor and Collins chance to recharge and go again. Both have been playing on empty both physically and mentally for the last month, six weeks.
There is plenty there to build with as much as there are things that need improving in the squad.

Rosencrantz

His record / performances in 2021 haven't been.
What he did before for a longer period was or is the last few months the definitive opinion on him? What club do you see Ryan pitching up at?

Memphis09

Fair enough, each to their own. But really, this is a wind up, right?
No it’s not unless he has improved 200% from what I saw before than I stand by what I say
I hope I am wrong but he is no where as good as Nicky law that’s the difference this season in my opinion and why we did make it to least playoffs

grecIAN Harris

No it’s not unless he has improved 200% from what I saw before than I stand by what I say
I hope I am wrong but he is no where as good as Nicky law that’s the difference this season in my opinion and why we did make it to least playoffs
This suggests you haven't been watching the games this season, would that be correct? If so let's put you in the picture. Has Matt Jay improved? Yes. By the amount you suggested he'd need to to make it worthwhile? No, because he didn't need to improve the technical side of his game. What he needed to do was work out how he could make that diminutive frame effective which he has. He is stronger which, combined with his natural low centre of gravity, now makes him hard to knock off the ball and allows his technical ability to shine. You don't score 20 goals from a withdrawn front role without having something about you.