• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the opposite will be the reality. Without a refendum, she can keep the grievance flag flying and not worry about actually governing as all the public service failings can continued to be blamed on not granting a referendum and "Westminster".
I think BJ will just repeat his mantra of yesterday and just say while the Tories are getting on with the job, the opposition are too busy politicking on issues like independence. The lack of a SNP majority and maybe being able to point to a Unionist majority popular vote will be enough IMO to give him the political (and perhaps legal) cover to block another referendum. Sturgeon has to constantly feed her rabid nationalist base with the red meat of a referendum just around the corner, and is obviously cheered on at every point by a MSM eager to heap pressure on their nemesis Boris Johnson, but in the face of a 5 year blocking manoeuvre by the U.K. Government, sooner or later the SNP has to govern, all the while of course posting massive annual budget deficits and adding to its poor performance in Government.

angelic upstart

Did you once write that same paragraph about David Cameron?

Last edited:

angelic upstart

As good as the environmental agenda is(I’m on board with much of it) I simply do not trust any government to be sensible with taxpayers money going forward.
What do you think the answer is though Olds?
Sorry I'm a little late to the party here 😃

tavyred

Did you once write that same paragraph about David Cameron?
In what context?

DB9

So good news for Labour in Wales, Does Starmer need to look at Welsh Labour to see what they're doing right? Plus the Welsh Nationalists are not as popular as the Scots Nats are in Scotland, Does this help Labour?

One final thing, Today is VE Day, Where the Nazis unconditionally surrendered on the 8th May 1945 and why we are able to have these discussions and hold free and fair elections, Maybe worth giving a thought to those that made this possible?

angelic upstart

In what context?
Was just a light hearted jibe at the Tories issues pre referendum specifically the "sooner or later" line onwards.

Sorry, should've been clearer.

And funny, it should've been funny too.

manc grecian

So good news for Labour in Wales, Does Starmer need to look at Welsh Labour to see what they're doing right? Plus the Welsh Nationalists are not as popular as the Scots Nats are in Scotland, Does this help Labour?

One final thing, Today is VE Day, Where the Nazis unconditionally surrendered on the 8th May 1945 and why we are able to have these discussions and hold free and fair elections, Maybe worth giving a thought to those that made this possible?
Plaid Cymru don't want independence do they? Not sure what the point of them is. Drakeford seems to be popular unlike Starmer who has made zero impact.

DB9

Plaid Cymru don't want independence do they? Not sure what the point of them is. Drakeford seems to be popular unlike Starmer who has made zero impact.
This taken from Wiki:

Plaid Cymru (English: /ˌplaɪd ˈkʌmri/ PLYDE KUM-ree;[22] Welsh: [plaid ˈkəmri]; officially Plaid Cymru – the Party of Wales, often referred to simply as Plaid) is a Welsh nationalist and social democratic political party in Wales, which advocates for Welsh independence from the United Kingdom.

manc grecian

Wrong again then!

DB9

Wrong again then!
Not sure Manc, I think the way they speak on things its like they want a "Soft Independence" rather than the SNP's version, A voice for Wales yes but with help from Westminster (If that makes sense)