• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
We were in the automatics for 18 weeks solid running up to 2 weeks before the cut off.

We knew there was a lockdown coming but there had been no decision on how this would have affected the season's matches.

The decision to go for PPG or even have it as an option was made after we'd all stopped playing.
Continuing the season to its conclusion, albeit behind closed doors, was still thought likely at that point.
I think Spoonz this time last year we didn't know how the virus transmitted, Risk involved with players still at work so to speak and the severity if you caught the damn thing, That is why everything bar essential things like food and medicine closed because we just didn't know, Me i still think null and void would have been best but it is all about opinions.

Legohead

Banned
I think Spoonz this time last year we didn't know how the virus transmitted, Risk involved with players still at work so to speak and the severity if you caught the damn thing, That is why everything bar essential things like food and medicine closed because we just didn't know, Me i still think null and void would have been best but it is all about opinions.
I too thought that null and void was the fairest and perhaps most sensible outcome and was surprised that this wasn't the case in the end.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ditto on null and void with me too.But as they say it’s history now and we have to move on.Playoffs this year and if we don’t make it go up next via the autos.😀

Reactions: DB9

tonykellowfan

They should have completed behind closed doors same as the PL.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
They should have completed behind closed doors same as the PL.
Tbh the options were null n void or finish the season. With 25% or so of the season left you cannot just make a judgement on that but its history now, just gotta focus on the future