• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers v Exeter City Matchday Thread

budegrecian

City spoiling the promo party about to be shown on Quest.
Thanks for the nod on that, just turned over.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Bolton fear us if we do play them in Play Offs
Afram City

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strangely enough, reading though a lot of that forum, I was reminded of exeweb recently. Bolton seem to have all the failings and issues that we appear to have!! Or do the vast majority of forums read basically the same? If you are being promoted then all is hunky dory, if you aren't then your team is basically shyte and the manager needs sacking. 🤔

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't think much to the starting line-up this afternoon. McArdle looks after Hartridge well and in in a must win match,I couldn't see past a back 3 to stop Bolton. First 15 minutes we struggled,but once Bolton scored,they took their foot off the gas.The defence played well after that.There were mistakes by players,but they made up for it with good interceptions and tackles to get the ball back.

First half,our wingers weren't in the game.Willmott carried on like it and was correctly replaced by the reliable Sparkes who should start every time.Williams was different. Reluctant to get stuck in during the first half.Was tackling and beating defenders through out the second half.Took his goal well and could have had a second if he had been more selfish.Disappointed to see him subbed.Taylor looked exhausted when he came off.Covered the entire pitch several times over,but Atangana did well when he came on.Should have scored,but the shock of being on the edge of the penalty box got to him.

Bowman did his job,could have had a couple of goals on a luckier day.Jay was too selfish at times.Football is a team game,you need to look up and see where your team mates are.Getting to 20 goals is affecting his game.

A good performance.Its matches like these where you find out which players have the right attitude to make them worth retaining next year.

Alistair20000

Strangely enough, reading though a lot of that forum, I was reminded of exeweb recently. Bolton seem to have all the failings and issues that we appear to have!! Or do the vast majority of forums read basically the same? If you are being promoted then all is hunky dory, if you aren't then your team is basically shyte and the manager needs sacking. 🤔
I think so.

Describing football fans as fickle is a gross understatement.

i8cornwall

It's pretty much the same I've found, I post on Wanderersways occasionally and they make exeweb look some what normal!

I think if you want to find the most neurotic nutters out there you need to get twitter mind.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Up the City! What a joyous moment when Pierce nodded it home. If only we could have been there to celebrate it.

Bring on Barrow next week and let's hope our old mates Tis and Keith Curle do us a favour. I think we deserve a bit of final day luck after that tortuous 0-0 at Forest Green a couple of years ago.

PeteUSA

Youtube Highlights:

PeteUSA

Bolton: Free transfers & loans. So true to say they've not splashed out on signing fees but their wage bill must be pretty substantial.
I see they had Matt Gilkes in goal today. Christ, how many more times is he going to crop up against us? I see he's 38 now.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not disagreeing that we signed a shed load and January we signed well but quite a few of those players are no longer at the club.

Hopefully city do go up, after today I wouldn't bet against it, which is a rather odd bit of positivity from me when it comes to our club!
It's not just the number of signings but the fact that the likes of Sarcevic and Doyle must be on very decent wages and it's not clear to this distant observer how that can be sustainable when there's been no proper income this season. It reminds me of the Swindon fans last season who were convinced they were promoted because of the genius of Richie Wellens and refused to acknowledge how much money they had spent.