• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the sustained abuse being given to our players on this forum at present, perhaps
EXEWEB needs to follow suit and shut down at the same time ?
Much as i like your postings CB I can't agree with you, The "Abuse" the players get on here is nothing compared to what other players say they get on SM, Here it is always related to the game not personal, Vile, Racist stuff, Exeweb and the Mods would not stand for it.

Colesman Ballz

Much as i like your postings CB I can't agree with you, The "Abuse" the players get on here is nothing compared to what other players say they get on SM, Here it is always related to the game not personal, Vile, Racist stuff, Exeweb and the Mods would not stand for it.
I am not for one moment saying it is of a racial, homophobic etc nature. However it seems to have risen to the point of being non stop and very personal. My personal mantra when posting is never to post anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say face to face. Others may of course set their own standards. I know of a situation where reacting to verbal abuse, cost one of our youngsters his City career, with his new contract offer being withdrawn. Bringing youngsters through is the very heartbeat of this club, and l will not be apologetic to reacting to it.
As for "moderation" it seems notable only by it's absence today, with one of the chief suspects running riot with his non stop stirring of the pot, seemingly just for his own amusement.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
- Hypocrite alert -

You cannot have any toys left in your pram Ballzy.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ballzy, you just cannot deal with any criticism of anything related to the club, deserved or otherwise, it's ridiculous.

Colesman Ballz

- Hypocrite alert -

You cannot have any toys left in your pram Ballzy.
🤡

DB9

I am not for one moment saying it is of a racial, homophobic etc nature. However it seems to have risen to the point of being non stop and very personal. My personal mantra when posting is never to post anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say face to face. Others may of course set their own standards. I know of a situation where reacting to verbal abuse, cost one of our youngsters his City career, with his new contract offer being withdrawn. Bringing youngsters through is the very heartbeat of this club, and l will not be apologetic to reacting to it.
As for "moderation" it seems notable only by it's absence today, with one of the chief suspects running riot with his non stop stirring of the pot, seemingly just for his own amusement.
If it were bad i would react myself and i have reported stuff that i thought had crossed the line but i still think on here its is not the kind of abuse you hear of on the bigger platforms, How many regular users do we have on here? 100 max? that is a very easy number to manage and make those aware that abuse will not be tolorated, I'm not sure if I'm reading it right but did this youngster react by saying something he shouldn't have and that is the reason why his contract was withdrawn? If the club was made aware of this they would have investigated things to come to that decision? I'm only asking because i don't know the in's and out's.

Colesman Ballz

Ballzy, you just cannot deal with any criticism of anything related to the club, deserved or otherwise, it's ridiculous.
🤡

ExmouthMart

Claiming the moral high ground is always fraught with danger.

geoffwp

Claiming the moral high ground is always fraught with danger.
Better the high ground than a subterranean cave. There are always trogs on social media, particularly Twitter.

Legohead

Banned
Can't agree.

ECFC's social media accounts have been a major plus throughout this pandemic and lockdowns.
I do tend to agree with this Spoonz but the point i was making was about abuse / racism etc that is prevalent on these platforms and what is needed to make the social media companies sit up and take notice and actually do something about it. If every football club in the world stopped using social media for 1 week then it will be pointless as the social media companies know that the following week, it is business as usual and they still don't have to do anything about these issues.

If football clubs stopped using social media altogether then this is the only way and the only thing that can be done that isn't a total and utter, pointless waste of time.

I do agree that the club are one of the few that persistently engage with fans via social media, however, the club has a website so why can't this be modified and be the go to place for all things ECFC and social media ditched by the club on all platforms?

Everything used to be in one place. A website. Now there is stuff on faecesbook, twatter, instasham, tiktoketc etc and it is overkill and overbearing IMO. Go back to simple basics and use the club website as the go to place for everything.