• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Newport County Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wherever we finish this season we are going to be faced with having to make one of the biggest rebuilds for many seasons.
Where do we start SB?

raleighnc

Where do we start SB?
With a new manager and coaching team perhaps, not rocket science is it! Do what we do in business all the time, advertise roles with key result areas and success criteria, assemble short list, interview and appoint best candidates. Rewards based on results, works every time.

dontpassback

The easy part is knowing what sort of person you want,the difficult part is finding said person !

Legohead

Banned
The easy part is knowing what sort of person you want,the difficult part is finding said person !
The easy part is acknowledging the person we don't want, which is Matt Taylor.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who are these"we" you are going on about?

Legohead

Banned
Who are these"we" you are going on about?
Ambitious Exeter fans.

Legohead

Banned
Ambitious Exeter fans.
I know. F*ckin funny innit?

dontpassback

I know. F*ckin funny innit?
You are right Lego,if you don’t have ambitions you don’t have anything

Legohead

Banned
You are right Lego,if you don’t have ambitions you don’t have anything
Don't get me wrong. If the club spent the next 20 seasons in L2 then so be it. However, what i do not want to see is the club 'rewarding' this by way of continuation with the same manager. As i've said before, MT has had 3 seasons now and the club are still in the same position as they were when he took over. Not only that but similar patterns of mistakes seem to be repeating.

A manager can get comfortable in his surroundings and with that the 'edge' is taken off the demands of the job and the results and managerial performance suffers as a result. Complacency set in a long time ago.

My argument is that MT has had more than a fair crack of the whip and it's time to change and let somebody else take over to see what they can do. It all boils down to how long each fan individually think a manager should have. For me, 3 years at a L2 club along with poor cup runs in those 3 years suggests that time is up and a new man should be given an opportunity.

So, the intolerance i have i guess at people not doing their jobs properly yet still being employed is greater than actually seeing the club consistently in the same division.

The argument though is who doesn't think that MT is doing his job properly?

Oliver

If there was a large crowd at the Park to watch this 'must win' game against Newport, and they witnessed the team not having a single shot on target, I think Matt Taylor would have got an awful lot of verbal, but of course as there wasn't he will not be experiencing the wrath of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.