• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two big questions.

First what is the true position about players out of contract/leaving versus players signed up? Lots of rumour but very little solid fact or confirmed by the club (just MJ,Kite and some youngsters signed up). Stories that Atangana has signed on reduced money for next year, Taylor has sold his house and is leaving. Bowman and Williams are out of contract, not signing new deals and coveted by others. Ten players are out of contract? - not confirmed but not difficult to believe (say Ward,Maxted, Sweeney, Parkes,Page, Atangana,Taylor, Williams, Bowman Fisher and Ajose makes 11!)

Secondly what is the club's financial position? Uncertain I'd say. We've burnt through the £4m received for the sales in the year from July 2017. We have got another £3m+ for the Watkins sell ons, but money is flying out the door at a rate of knots. Fans possibly back next season, but how often and under what circumstances? (social distancing, Covid passports? negative test necessary each game if not vaccinated?) And will Covid make a permanent reduction in attendances after an initial bounce back of fans who have been missing their fix? The optimism that there would be cash to burn in the budget took a hit in January when the money spent on wages of new players coming in was broadly equal to money saved on players going out - no budget increase evident from the reduced level of last summer?

Banksy

Obviously what we have to lob in anyway will depend on the league we are in.But I suppose too also on the amount of ambition we have to get out of League 2 .
No , I don’t think we’ll make it out this year although they say miracles do happen.🌞

Legohead

Banned
I have no idea who is on what contract length but if possible i'd keep Key, Hartridge, Andresson, Randall, Jay, Collins, possibly Page. The remainder aren't good enough. Obviously there will still be some players under contract. I like Parkes, Sweeney and McArdle and think they've been great for us but i do not believe they are what we need if we are looking at a top 3 push next season. Williams is injury prone so lose him. Big Nige not good enough. Caprice ok i guess but no disappointment to see him leave. Willmott not good enough for a contract. Seymour needs releasing asap as does Fisher. A lot of work for any manager to be done this coming summer.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lego,

Bowman has years left on his contract.

Legohead

Banned
Lego,

Bowman has years left on his contract.
Oh Christ. Well, at least we can find some sucker to part with the pennies for him i guess. Bowman needs to one of those first out of the door in the summer.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh Christ. Well, at least we can find some sucker to part with the pennies for him i guess. Bowman needs to one of those first out of the door in the summer.
According to those in the know Big Nige is also tied down for next season.

Nothing to worry about though, he's been playing like he's been tied down this season !

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Bowman will be gone this summer

Colesman Ballz

I have no idea who is on what contract length but if possible i'd keep Key, Hartridge, Andresson, Randall, Jay, Collins, possibly Page.
So Mr Avid Follower of ECFC, you constantly complain and criticise the Club for not telling you stuff, yet when it does, you choose to ignore it. Here is one classic example. On the 28th January the Club announced that four players had signed new contracts, there is even an Exeweb thread devoted to it. Now the Club does not routinely disclose the length of contracts, but that told you that Jay, Key, Kite, and Diabate were under contract . KMT has also publicly stated that Randall is under contract too. Do try and keep up old chap !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman will be gone this summer
Sold ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Mr Avid Follower of ECFC, you constantly complain and criticise the Club for not telling you stuff, yet when it does, you choose to ignore it. Here is one classic example. On the 28th January the Club announced that four players had signed new contracts, there is even an Exeweb thread devoted to it. Now the Club does not routinely disclose the length of contracts, but that told you that Jay, Key, Kite, and Diabate were under contract . KMT has also publicly stated that Randall is under contract too. Do try and keep up old chap !
Perhaps he didn't see it.

Just a thought. :rolleyes: