• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Nay.All you need in football is a little man with a few boards with numbers painted on them to hook on to a larger board.
Sounds like a job for Matt Jay....

tonykellowfan

I have seen the figure of £100k quoted for the scoreboard.

For the sake of argument lets imagine 30 home games a season. How much to hire the scoreboard for pre game and half time adverts? Lets imagine a very low figure like £200. 30 time £200 is £6000 a year income, a 6% return.

On those terms a decent investment.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have seen the figure of £100k quoted for the scoreboard.

For the sake of argument lets imagine 30 home games a season. How much to hire the scoreboard for pre game and half time adverts? Lets imagine a very low figure like £200. 30 time £200 is £6000 a year income, a 6% return.

On those terms a decent investment.
It depends on what the life expectancy of the scoreboard is though. If it only last 10 years then the depreciation would be £10k/yr.
Assuming the sums make some sense then I have no problem with it.

Legohead

Banned
I see Cambridge had their scoreboard in use during todays match. Talk about wasting electricity.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swingometer massively favouring the yayers now. It appears the new scoreboard is a hit with the fans 💪

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Swingometer massively favouring the yayers now. It appears the new scoreboard is a hit with the fans 💪

Bollox! I dont believe that many fans think a scoreboard is worth the money! The votes rigged!

Red Bill

If you disagree with a governmental decision do you stand for election as an MP?
Well there's sod all else you can do Mike!

Ash

Bollox! I dont believe that many fans think a scoreboard is worth the money! The votes rigged!
Of course it is, after all it would be totally worth while for someone to rig such an important poll :unsure:
First post in over a week and you came back to post that?!

What the feck do we need a £100k scoreboard for? 😂 For a club that will always be “surviving” apparently, this is beyond ridiculous.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are Donald Trump and l claim my five bucks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.