• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 20/21

Legohead

Banned
What I am hoping for rather depends on where we are next season.
and whether we will be allowed inside the grounds.........:unsure:

I feel sorry for Wycombe fans for example. One season in the Championship and no fans there to witness it. They aren't likely to play at that level again for a very, very long time. I'd hate for us to be playing at say, Sunderland and not be able to go in L1.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
All went on at the Stadium of Light today. Promotion chasing Sunderland beat play-off chasing Oxford 3-1 but there was allegedly a headbut in the tunnel at half-time by one of the Sunderland coaching staff and Sunderland's crucial 2nd goal (it was 1-1) was a hotly disputed quick free-kick that saw the Oxford manager sent off afterwards.

The man in the middle was Mr T Kettle...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
All went on at the Stadium of Light today. Promotion chasing Sunderland beat play-off chasing Oxford 3-1 but there was allegedly a headbut in the tunnel at half-time by one of the Sunderland coaching staff and Sunderland's crucial 2nd goal (it was 1-1) was a hotly disputed quick free-kick that saw the Oxford manager sent off afterwards.

Love Mr Kettle me (y)

sign of the chimes

Also a very obvious celebration of Sunderland's third goal in front of the Oxford dug-out.

Additionally, in L1 news, we had Brett Huxtable down to ref us today - watching on iFollow, I commented to a friend that he'd shed a significant amount of timber since we last saw him. About five minutes later the BBC Solent comms mentioned that he'd been replaced at the last minute by the 4th official.

Inside every fat referee there's a 4th official just waiting to get out...

Alistair20000

Additionally, in L1 news, we had Brett Huxtable down to ref us today - watching on iFollow, I commented to a friend that he'd shed a significant amount of timber since we last saw him. About five minutes later the BBC Solent comms mentioned that he'd been replaced at the last minute by the 4th official.

Inside every fat referee there's a 4th official just waiting to get out...
Any reason given for the North Devon porker dropping out Chimers ?

I guess you are liking the start made by the feckin’ Cowleys.

sign of the chimes

Any reason given for the North Devon porker dropping out Chimers ?

I guess you are liking the start made by the feckin’ Cowleys.
No reason given by the commentators - who themselves only realised that it wasn't the Hux once the game was underway.

It's early days but the Cowleys have been a revelation. It's not just the results - though three wins out of three is welcome - rather that they have us playing on the front foot at a higher tempo, with a high press. It's so different to the beige, utilitarian football under Jackett; who seemed to be all about minimising risk at the expense of creativity.

They have also demonstrated that they're excellent communicators: both in terms of explaining what they are about to the support; but also to the players, who seem genuinely enthused by the change in approach and the methods they use in training. I feel that if they stay beyond the summer, and are given the scope to put structures in place, that they have the potential to do something quite special with us.

In the short-term the results may well unravel over the next few weeks - asking the squad to completely change the way they've played all season brings it's own risks - but I'm enjoying the ride.

DB9

Marcus Evans owner of Ipswich for years has sold the club to American investors, Just announced on the BBC Sport website.

Colesman Ballz

Marcus Evans owner of Ipswich for years has sold the club to American investors, Just announced on the BBC Sport website.
The lure of reaching the financial "golden egg" that is the Premier$hite repects no international boundaries ! :cool:

DB9

The lure of reaching the financial "golden egg" that is the Premier$hite repects no international boundaries ! :cool:
I hope those American Investers realise just how difficult that is.

sign of the chimes

Swindon Town and owner Lee Power charged by FA over ownership/funding

Worrying times for Swindon. Sounds like the sort of charge whereby if a club is found guilty the sanctions are pretty serious.