• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Ex-ciderrr

Stockport County have signed Paddy Madden this evening from League 1 Fleetwood Town, undisclosed fee on a 3 year deal.

sign of the chimes

Stockport County have signed Paddy Madden this evening from League 1 Fleetwood Town, undisclosed fee on a 3 year deal.
That's not a normal deal. Had the sense when Barton went - and having watched an interview with their backer - that the model they were operating would change. I wonder whether they're cutting losses (would be really interesting to know what the terms you got Stubbs on, for example).

Suggests the owner-backed model there is unravelling?

Ex-ciderrr

That's not a normal deal. Had the sense when Barton went - and having watched an interview with their backer - that the model they were operating would change. I wonder whether they're cutting losses (would be really interesting to know what the terms you got Stubbs on, for example).

Suggests the owner-backed model there is unravelling?
not at all, it wouldn’t surprise me if they are cutting losses to be honest. I always saw fleetwood as a relatively well run club, they’ve earned plenty through player sales ie Vardy and cup runs over the years but they’ve never really had the attendances and obviously with COVID etc the owner id imagine has just been bank rolling them through that perhaps they’ve had to cut losses. Stubbs I believe was 6 months into a 2 year deal there before an agreement was made for him to join us.

As this is the non league thread though, Stockport, superb business obviously a big big club at that level of football and are now backed by an owner I believe. Around 5K gates most weeks too. They are comfortably a league 1 club tbh. I expect they will be back in the EFL sooner rather than later could easily have similar success to Lincoln.

Madden, location wise not had to move that far/if at all. 3 year deal bit of security probably the last big deal he will get at 31, similar money I’d imagine to what fleetwood were paying despite dropping 2 leagues. Will score goals like he was in league 1 at that level too.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still a heck of a lot of games to play in the NL.
They were a team down at the start of the season & Dovers results will be expunged.Still a 42 game season..33 to 35 games played in L2 at the moment.
DD8E3CEF-DA60-4C76-B2C2-34D81B01E965.jpeg

Red Devon

Still a heck of a lot of games to play in the NL.
They were a team down at the start of the season & Dovers results will be expunged.Still a 42 game season..33 to 35 games played in L2 at the moment.
View attachment 5617
I think Torquay have 3 points to come off their total

Spoonz Red E

I think Torquay have 3 points to come off their total
They'd still be in third but would lose more ground on Sutton and Hartlepool above them.
Gets Halifax, below Torquay, three points closer to them.

Legohead

Banned
Stockport County player Connor Jennings diagnosed with a rare cancer of the arm. Cancer is just a scourge isn't it. I've never heard of cancer of the arm.

Apparently it's treatable with surgery and survival odds are very high.

Just makes you think.

Hope he gets it all sorted.

Oldsmobile-88

The outcome of the various clubs charged in the National Leagues this season.

Grecian2K

Barnet looking destined for the drop.

DB9

Barnet looking destined for the drop.
If there was a drop.