• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point is that the Tories could abuse their own voters in this seat a la facon Trump and still cruise home

Why not bribe in the marginals ?
They have, apparently

elginCity

As Tavares rightly pointed out to me in an earlier post - the cost of Test, Track and Trace for England is likely to be quite substantial.

The interim report from the National Audit Office in December highlights various areas of concern regarding Govt accountability, transparency, unused public health resources etc. etc. Perhaps we should wait until the final report, and then scrutiny from the Public Accounts Commission (including Jacob Rees-Mogg & co) before we too hastily judge whether the £37,000,000,000 has been money well spent, or not.

IndoMike

As Tavares rightly pointed out to me in an earlier post - the cost of Test, Track and Trace for England is likely to be quite substantial.

The interim report from the National Audit Office in December highlights various areas of concern regarding Govt accountability, transparency, unused public health resources etc. etc. Perhaps we should wait until the final report, and then scrutiny from the Public Accounts Commission (including Jacob Rees-Mogg & co) before we too hastily judge whether the £37,000,000,000 has been money well spent, or not.

View attachment 5555
Very good
Source? Looks like something from "Punch".

elginCity

Very good
Source? Looks like something from "Punch".
Cold War Steve... Hogarth for the modern era

IndoMike

Cold War Steve... Hogarth for the modern era
👍

arthur

The way the Daily Mail has pursued Johnson all week over the expensive, mysterious refurbishment of the Downing Street flat he shares with his fiancée, Carrie Symonds, is a case in point. The paper senses sleaze and entitlement and does not like what it sees. “No 10 Decor Scandal. Tory HQ Cover-up exposed,” was its headline as it also emerged that more than £2m had been splashed on a fancy Downing Street press centre for televised briefings that have never materialised.

This is just one small example of the abuse of power and entitlement that Johnson is exhibiting.
I'd put it down to straightforward misogyny. If you venture btl on the Spectator website you will discover that the common assumption is that Johnson is cnut struck and emasculated - "where's our real Boris gone?" etc etc. Carrie meet Meghan...

Grecian2K

Given the Daily Mail is owned by non-dom Lord Rothermere and offshores most of its considerable profits, I don't set much store by their hypocritical moralising.
Not to mention the odious Mr Paul (I hate the EU) Dacre - who is still happy to take their euros to help fund his country piles.

Alistair20000

View attachment 5555

No failing Grayling in there or have I missed him ? Easily missable

Grecian2K

Carrie meet Meghan...
As long as she "does a Meghan" and drags the Bozo back to his once native US of A I, for one, won't shed any tears.

IndoMike

I'd put it down to straightforward misogyny. If you venture btl on the Spectator website you will discover that the common assumption is that Johnson is cnut struck and emasculated - "where's our real Boris gone?" etc etc. Carrie meet Meghan...
The extract I posted from the Mail was about "sleaze and entitlement". The question is whether the press room and flat refurbishment are necessary and if the financing is above board. If it is, then it doesn't really matter who suggested it.
As partners you would assume that they discussed the refurbishment and agreed upon what to do.