• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient official match day thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I totally missed the match, I understand their keeper was responsible for three of the goals?
Orient fans probably think he was irresponsible for them ...

dontpassback

What if you were Les?
Yes I meant LES ,but technical errors happen and I made one :LOL:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I totally missed the match, I understand their keeper was responsible for three of the goals?
Bit harsh.
The first one went through his legs at the near post
The second one he dropped a doozy over the line
The third one he was left exposed but fell behind the line
The fourth was a penalty

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Randall being at it makes such a difference for us, he was on it today and we looked a massive threat. 9 goals now this season (I believe), if he could push on to 12 - 15 by the end of the season it would be a fantastic return.

Grecian2K

No. Matt Jay was!!!:love:

andrew p long

Randall being at it makes such a difference for us, he was on it today and we looked a massive threat. 9 goals now this season (I believe), if he could push on to 12 - 15 by the end of the season it would be a fantastic return.
it wouldn't have taken much extra for Joel to have got a hat trick today. MJ's second should have been put in first by Joel, and if he hadn't been brought down for the penalty...and had a couple of other opportunities. Very early on it was clear that the opposing right back had no pace compared to Joel...

jrg333

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very different City today and all those who had been asking why is Bowman undroppable must now know the answer to the question.

it also shows how much we have missed having an inform Joel in the team.....back to his best today. MJ not sure but would have thought that was his first football league hat trick and well deserved for all his untiring performances.

If we can get Williams back and firing on all cylinders we may yet make the autos. The upcoming game against Cheltenham is massive because if we lose that, the way they are playing, we would be unlikely to catch them leaving us only two possible automatic places to play for.

Today’s results were very much a mixed bunch Tranmere losing, Salford only drawing and the best possible result Bradford City and Bolton also drawing. However against that Cambridge, Cheltenham, FGR, Morecambe and Newport all winning not good news. Having said that no team is really pulling away yet and if we can find some consistency and win our games in hand we would still be in with a chance of finishing in the autos......but then of course IF is one hell of a big word.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very different City today and all those who had been asking why is Bowman undroppable must now know the answer to the question.

it also shows how much we have missed having an inform Joel in the team.....back to his best today. MJ not sure but would have thought that was his first football league hat trick and well deserved for all his untiring performances.

If we can get Williams back and firing on all cylinders we may yet make the autos. The upcoming game against Cheltenham is massive because if we lose that, the way they are playing, we would be unlikely to catch them leaving us only two possible automatic places to play for.

Today’s results were very much a mixed bunch Tranmere losing, Salford only drawing and the best possible result Bradford City and Bolton also drawing. However against that Cambridge, Cheltenham, FGR, Morecambe and Newport all winning not good news. Having said that no team is really pulling away yet and if we can find some consistency and win our games in hand we would still be in with a chance of finishing in the autos......but then of course IF is one hell of a big word.
Looks like our season is still in our hands given that we have 7 six pointers to play (13 Mar - Chelt H; 20 Mar - Tran A; 27 Mar - Salf - H; 10 Apr - Cam A; 20 Apr - FGR A; 24 Apr - Newp H; 1 May - Bolt A).
Afram City !

STURTZ

Important to see this game for what it was, a match against a conference standard team, which we won with four goals which might be considered fortunate. 1st goal Randall took a heavy touch from a great Bowman pass and seemed to over run it , ball somehow went between the keepers legs from a tighth angle. 2 Jay's weak shot was dropped into the net by the keeper. 3 Good cross missed at point blank range by Randall eventually tucked home by Jay. 4 Another heavy touch from Randall after great through ball takes ball away from him but he is luckily clipped, penalty Jay.

Randall's getting into the right areas but needs to work on his close control!