• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
An irritating 7th wicket partnership getting India back on top on another unsatisfactory pitch

Alistair20000

Why did I bother checking on how England were getting on.

Feckin’ dire :mad:

iscalad

Why did I bother checking on how England were getting on.

Feckin’ dire :mad:
Beyond Embarrassing.

Grecian2K

Sadly in the end Chennai merely flattered to deceive. :(

Alistair20000

Sadly in the end Chennai merely flattered to deceive. :(
Sadly correct.

Out batting is beyond embarrassing as isca says.

Too many one day sloggers trying to play proper cricket

Rosencrantz

It was always going to be a tough tour against probably the best side in the world at the moment. It highlighted our deficiencies with spin, playing and bowling. Leach is decent, Bess learning on the job, but the last time we won out there I think we had Swann and Monty which is far better.

The first test was just about the perfect test win but then India put their fags out and got to work. Ironically apart from that one match winning innings from Rohit, we kept their top and middle order quiet. Kohli, Pujara, Gill and Rahane all averaged under 30. It was an old problem of the lower middle order with Pant, Washington Sundar and Ashwin (and Axar!) being a problem. Our selection in the last two tests haven't helped either, a spinner short followed by a seamer short although the outcomes would probably have been the same.

In the end, India were a better team. At least they stop Australia getting to the Test Final 😉. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top at Lord's when they play NZ.

Grecian2K

I suspect that the execs at C4 might be rueing the money invested in the coverage.
The only real beneficiary of this series is likely to be Kelsey Grammer for the unplanned extra repeat fees for Frasier. :(

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most disappointing thing was the lack of pride in not giving your wicket up - lack of basic application - Lawrence aside who looks a decent prospect and obviously values his wicket
When I used to play this great game I never used to give my wicket away and used to cherish every run
Always said batting is 70% application and 30% ability

Alistair20000

Most disappointing thing was the lack of pride in not giving your wicket up - lack of basic application - Lawrence aside who looks a decent prospect and obviously values his wicket
When I used to play this great game I never used to give my wicket away and used to cherish every run
Always said batting is 70% application and 30% ability
You are Geoffrey Boycott and I claim my £5

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are Geoffrey Boycott and I claim my £5
You must have seen me bat :D