• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Orient discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Must win game IMO. Orient, in typical fashion got the new manager bounce by ending a 7 game run without a win by defeating Grimsby at Blundell Park on Tuesday night. Ross Embleton was dismissed as O's boss and Jobi McAnuff took temporary charge for the Grimsby game. Orient are bang on mid table and have lost 8 away. We have to win this game somehow and Bowman is back which is a huge positive. The pressure is on him straight away though due to the ineptness of our fill in strikers.

I think if we play like we did against Walsall but learn from the mistakes, find that elusive cutting edge and actually start creating regular chances then IMO Orient don't have a chance. The problem is we simply don't know what we are likely to get from one game to the next in recent weeks.

With Cheltenham and Tranmere just around the corner, along with a much improved Scunthorpe, we need to beat Orient.

Bowman will come back in obviously. Is Parkes back for this? Sweeney too?

I'm going for lessons learned and a 3-1 win.

Legohead

Banned
Bowman is back. We add cutting edge to the dazzling football we played v Walsall and we win 3-1.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too much expectation on Bowman?

Legohead

Banned
Indeed there is. Ajose is a crock, Seymour and Fisher are NL standard. That just leaves Bowman.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed there is. Ajose is a crock, Seymour and Fisher are NL standard. That just leaves Bowman.
Or does it ? Veale Cox Hanson Wilson?

Ashford Grecian

We really need 3 points - starting to slip behind the leading pack now....

Legohead

Banned
Well yes. If i were manager then it would have become obvious a long time ago that both Fisher and Seymour aren't good enough and so i'd think of bringing in others from the youth set up if short term loans or permanent signings were not an option. I have a dislike of managers who simply rely on substandard players as a last resort even though they are no good and don't want to risk giving younger players an opportunity.

In all seriousness, how bad does an academy player have to be to be worse than Fisher? It's simply not possible so may as well give them a chance.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In all seriousness, how bad does an academy player have to be to be worse than Fisher?
Could be looking at the U10's but that might be a bit unfair

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could be looking at the U10's but that might be a bit unfair
...on the Under 10s?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to go on a run, 3 wins in a row would do nicely starting with Orient. The pitches are hardening up and with Bowman returning I see no reason why we can't.

anyone else get the feeling that Williams won't kick another ball for us?