• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow v Exeter Matchday Thread (take 2) - GAME OFF

dontpassback

They are not doing well,so maybe a postponement will give the new manager some breathing space ,call me cynical !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If they call it off at 4pm after making the team travel 333 miles then they are total t****. Either call it off when there’s concerns or when the team hasn’t set off. Poor from Barrow.
I'm guessing that it's Exeter that are encouraging them to make as much effort as possible.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
As someone has said, if it wasn't passable at 1 then surely it won't be passable at firking 4. Should have been postponed at 1. Even if it starts it'll probably be stopped later.

Oldsmobile-88

Hopefully it will pass at 4pm.When the team will have arrived.
It does ask the question about wisdom of rearranging this game in February.
The clubs are told by the EFL to rearrange at the earliest possible date these days to stop a club arranging a fixture for their own convenience(injury’s/suspensions)
Perhaps with the distance involved that ruling could be suspended ? it might have been wiser to arrange in late March/April.

Heysham Mike

Getting crazy now the amount of games being called off to COVID or weather
Not as bad as 1963 when we went several weeks with postponements one after the other due to the 'big freeze.'

Heysham Mike

If they call it off at 4pm after making the team travel 333 miles then they are total t****. Either call it off when there’s concerns or when the team hasn’t set off. Poor from Barrow.
Not Barrow's fault. The referee has the ultimate say.

ChrisWickens

As someone has said, if it wasn't passable at 1 then surely it won't be passable at firking 4. Should have been postponed at 1. Even if it starts it'll probably be stopped later.
I think I will wait until the last minute to get my ifollow pass!

malcolms

Not Barrow's fault. The referee has the ultimate say.
Barrow will have to pay for the travel costs if it is postponed...so I guess they will want it on as much as anyone.

tonykellowfan

Says who?

malcolms

Says who?
League rules concerning postponements