• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow v Exeter Matchday Thread (take 2) - GAME OFF

OmanGrecian

Another pitch inspection at 4pm

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

older-codger

If the pitch can't be passed now, I would have thought it is even less likely at 4pm when the temperature will be dropping.

tonykellowfan

I would have thought that they would have taken the covers off to get the sun on it?

ryancooper327

I refer back to my posts saying games should be played simultaneously at St. George’s park to catch up. Getting crazy now the amount of games being called off to COVID or weather

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Temperature drops to -1 at 7pm.

If we're already nearby, the kick-off will surely have to be moved forward if the inspection is passed.

tonykellowfan

I refer back to my posts saying games should be played simultaneously at St. George’s park to catch up. Getting crazy now the amount of games being called off to COVID or weather
I doubt very much that they can make that COVID secure with all the teams and officials etc coming and going at the same time.

Smithyno6

If they call it off at 4pm after making the team travel 333 miles then they are total t****. Either call it off when there’s concerns or when the team hasn’t set off. Poor from Barrow.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If this carries on they really are going to be struggling to get their games in. I can see them playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday at the end of the season.
That situation would play into ours and the other promotion hopefuls hands with the fatigue and subsequent injuries they'll suffer. Better to get your games played twice a week than three times.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
That situation would play into ours and the other promotion hopefuls hands with the fatigue and subsequent injuries they'll suffer. Better to get your games played twice a week than three times.
They are home again Saturday with a maximum temp of +1c forecast