• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unbelievably some Liverpool fans wanting Klopp out as per one of their fans forums.

Red Devon

Unbelievably some Liverpool fans wanting Klopp out as per one of their fans forums.
Lucky he’s not the Chelsea manager 😯

Legohead

Banned
The problem for managers at elite clubs nowadays is that they often don't get to choose the players that are contracted, yet they get judged on their performances.
Managers aren't magicians : if players come in they need time to adapt or maybe just don't fit in.
Funny how these managers who don't get to choose which players they sign are happy enough to take the managers jobs though. If a club spends as much on players as Chelsea have though, no matter if Lampard wanted them or not, the manager will get the boot if they don't perform.

I think the Bournemouth job would be a really good fit for Lampard though. I also believe it's his managerial level for the moment.

As for Klopp being under pressure. It's insanity. Yes he lacks a Plan B, yes he's without Van Dijk etc and not had the back ups to replace them and yes it looks like the squad are completely knackered and can't do the high tempo, high press as much as they used to. However, it's a bad season and he's more than enough credit in the bank to be able to have a poor season without stupid people who know nothing about football calling for his sacking.

Clearly Klopp has revealed some flaws to his tactics and to his management but he's got the rest of the season and the summer to sort everything out and go again. I wouldn't put it past him to refresh the squad and go full tilt for the title next season.

IndoMike

Lucky he’s not the Chelsea manager 😯
He is. Even if you win the PL or Champion's League at Chelsea you can get the golden boot if you lose a couple of matches at the start of the following season .
Having said that, getting your contract paid off and taking it easy for the next couple of years ain't so bad.

IndoMike

Funny how these managers who don't get to choose which players they sign are happy enough to take the managers jobs though. If a club spends as much on players as Chelsea have though, no matter if Lampard wanted them or not, the manager will get the boot if they don't perform.

I think the Bournemouth job would be a really good fit for Lampard though. I also believe it's his managerial level for the moment.

As for Klopp being under pressure. It's insanity. Yes he lacks a Plan B, yes he's without Van Dijk etc and not had the back ups to replace them and yes it looks like the squad are completely knackered and can't do the high tempo, high press as much as they used to. However, it's a bad season and he's more than enough credit in the bank to be able to have a poor season without stupid people who know nothing about football calling for his sacking.

Clearly Klopp has revealed some flaws to his tactics and to his management but he's got the rest of the season and the summer to sort everything out and go again. I wouldn't put it past him to refresh the squad and go full tilt for the title next season.
Agree wholeheartedly with all your comments above. Spot on

DB9

Paul Tisdale & Kieth Curle have both been sacked as managers from Bristol Rovers & Northampton Town respectively.

arthur

Managers aren't magicians : if players come in they need time to adapt or maybe just don't fit in.
You are Paul Tisdale and I claim my £5

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

And as some wag on the Gas forum suggested , he should have hired Debbie McGee as his assistant, she has experience working with a magician named Paul, and would be right at home pulling rabbits out from under his (Ted Baker) headgear !

Alistair20000

And as some wag on the Gas forum suggested , he should have hired Debbie McGee as his assistant, she has experience working with a magician named Paul, and would be right at home pulling rabbits out from under his (Ted Baker) headgear !
Shirley you mean the lovely Debbie McGee ?

Red Devon

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Keith Curle back in League Two soon.