• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

Legohead

Banned
SAGA Holidays now insisting that all travellers / holidaymakers must be vaccinated against Covid.

I'm a bit concerned about how this seems to be unfolding.

I really don't understand the logic. If the individual who has been vaccinated can still transmit the virus then it makes no difference who is vaccinated or not surely?

Vaccine passports? Unless transmission can be proved to be stopped or reduced by the vaccine then are vaccine passports really necessary?

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
SAGA Holidays now insisting that all travellers / holidaymakers must be vaccinated against Covid.

I'm a bit concerned about how this seems to be unfolding.

I really don't understand the logic. If the individual who has been vaccinated can still transmit the virus then it makes no difference who is vaccinated or not surely?

Vaccine passports? Unless transmission can be proved to be stopped or reduced by the vaccine then are vaccine passports really necessary?
Yes, it'll be interesting to how this all unfolds. No jab, no job? No vaccine, no City games?

Like you say, having the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it. I'm wondering if they actually know that?

Red Devon

Like you say, having the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it. I'm wondering if they actually know that?
Doctor Susan Hopkins from PHE said at Monday’s Downing St press briefing that they still don’t have enough data to answer this.

Last edited:

IBA

Doctor Susan Hopkins from PHE said at Monday’s Downing St press briefing that they still don’t have enough data to answer this.
As long as it's not Katie Hopkins!!

Red Devon

Westpoint to become a mass vaccination centre from Tuesday.

Legohead

Banned
Do you get a choice of which vaccine you have? Personally i don't want one at the moment when my turn comes, but i'm open to change and possibly would prefer the Oxford one if i did eventually have to go down the vaccine route.

DB9

Do you get a choice of which vaccine you have? Personally i don't want one at the moment when my turn comes, but i'm open to change and possibly would prefer the Oxford one if i did eventually have to go down the vaccine route.
I guess is that if you went private you might get a choice but one of them depends where you get it because of the very low temperature it has to be stored in. You'll probably get what they are given.

Mr Jinx

And so my wife got her date and time for vaccination which was 2.30pm yesterday.

After much wrestling, consultation with her anti-vaxxer friends and much trawling through various conspiracy websites & forums, she managed to talk herself out of it at the last minute. Much against my better wishes I hasten to add.

FFS

:mad:

I guess is that if you went private you might get a choice but one of them depends where you get it because of the very low temperature it has to be stored in. You'll probably get what they are given.

As far as I'm aware they're not available privately in this country yet. The nearest you'll get is some kind of package tour on a private jet to somewhere like Dubai where'll you'll get them toute de suite.

Legohead

Banned
Is your wife in a vulnerable category Jinx?

Mr Jinx

Is your wife in a vulnerable category Jinx?
Yep in the vulnerable category. Shít scared of catching it, but not as shít scared as taking the vaccine, obv.

Welcome to my world.