• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Matchday Thread - Kick Off: 1.00PM

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think parts of the pitch have been covered

Ex-ciderrr

I don’t care how but just simply win today. We have to somehow find that formula again, winning breeds confidence, 6 points needed from these two home games would do just that in bringing confidence ahead of what could be a big game vs Carlisle next Saturday and at ground we tend to go away to and get results in recent years.

UTC

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Exeter seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting With ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go"

It's cold. Currently 2c, but add in the chill NW wind and it's more like 0c. The frost has taken a long time to clear this morning. We had 4mm of rain in the 24 hours to now, mainly in the form of incredibly heavy showers yesterday afternoon. There's 60% blue sunshine, and the remaining cloud cover is lifting. Should be a great day for playing football. Oh yes, and the UV is 1, and sunset is 16.50.
We could certainly do with a win, but that depends on which Exeter City side turns up.
The misquote is for John William in revenge of all those Me and Bobby Mcgee lyrics, and in memory of Roger Miller.
Update at 12:00
Flattered but the Roger Miller allusion escapes me.

I have actually driven the Massachusetts Turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston. "Rock a bye sweet baby James"

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really just need a win today. I don't care if it's unconvincing, get 3 points on the board again and start to build momentum.

Watched the Harrogate highlights again and we created more clear chances than I remember, so agree with MJ in that there's things to be positive about.

Oh and please sort out the right hand side today, the Key/Caprice thing isn't working for me.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t care how but just simply win today. We have to somehow find that formula again, winning breeds confidence, 6 points needed from these two home games would do just that in bringing confidence ahead of what could be a big game vs Carlisle next Saturday and at ground we tend to go away to and get results in recent years.

UTC
2 massive games, Morecambe as much as Carlisle for me. Think they get underrated because of their name but Adams is a good manager at this level.

Squeezebox

2 massive games, Morecambe as much as Carlisle for me. Think they get underrated because of their name but Adams is a good manager at this level.
and now they have the Iceman in goal I believe!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ryancooper327

5-3-2!

More like 3-5-2 with Caprice and Sparkes as wing backs

David Treharne

It's a balmy 4c, but again the wind chill factor is at play, and it feels like zero. In other ways it's a beautiful sunny day with oblique sun, low and at times quite blinding. Cloud is coming and going, with currently clouds building, and the wind speed increasing. I'd repeat my earlier assertion that if our 'best' team turns up we should win, but it's the recurring image of a team that builds lots of chances and then fails to score that haunts me. Oh to have a regular and reliable goal scorer, with the emphasis on ' reliable'.