• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Many thanks for this input Al, however I do draw solace from seemingly have bamboozled the entire cognoscenti of the Exeweb Music Quiz. Alternatively of course it could be down to their being "quizzed out" after your gargantuan ACQ !

I fear that I shall have to set a time limit, before declaring myself the winner, but will in the meantime add some more clueage !

The purveyors of this ditty were (9)(5), somewhat avant-garde, and more John Peel's "cup of tea" than "chart material". And Isca take note, very popular on the "college circuit" in their time.
Sorry, still flumoxed.

Colesman Ballz

Todays big extra clue - the lead singer is far better known for his poetry ! :unsure:

Rosencrantz

Todays big extra clue - the lead singer is far better known for his poetry ! :unsure:
John Cooper Clarke so the band would be The Invisible Girls?

Something to do with dreams?

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

John Cooper Clarke so the band would be The Invisible Girls?

Something to do with dreams?
You are on the right lines but about 10 years too late. The band which you are seeking existed late sixties /early seventies.

Rosencrantz

You are on the right lines but about 10 years too late. The band which you are seeking existed late sixties /early seventies.
Ha, the only other poet lead group I can think of is Roger McGough and Scaffold of Lily The Pink fame and I doubt very much that's a lead in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚

Needs someone older...Sturtz, Ali...where are you? Let's be 'aving you! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Colesman Ballz

Ha, the only other poet lead group I can think of is Roger McGough and Scaffold of Lily The Pink fame and I doubt very much that's a lead in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚

Needs someone older...Sturtz, Ali...where are you? Let's be 'aving you! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
You are getting really really close there without realising it ! Right City but wrong poet ! :p ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Rosencrantz

You are getting really really close there without realising it ! Right City but wrong poet ! :p ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
The only other Scouse poet I know is Craig Charles ๐Ÿ˜.

STURTZ

Roger McGough, Brian Patten, Adrian Henri?

Colesman Ballz

Roger McGough, Brian Patten, Adrian Henri?
One of the above indeed !

STURTZ

Aidrian Henri - Liverpool Scene - I've Got The Fleetwood Mac Chicken Shack John Mayall Can't Fail Blues.

Christine Perfect was in Chicken Shack and Fleetwood Mac other members of Chicken Shack played with John Mayall so is Generation X the odd one out? Can't say why though!

Last edited: