• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Corey

Because Bowman goes missing for spells , Randall has stopped scoring and in case you hadn’t noticed we ain’t scoring so many lately.Our goal difference will soon drop away scoring just the odd one a game.Time will tell but ( good) fresh blood wouldn’t hurt. And yes , hopefully Taylor will still straighten out that dodgy defence and we’ll score six against Harrogate tonight.👍
We haven’t scored many recently because we’ve hardly played recently. Having been so prolific for most of the season, it’s a bit hasty to assume that just because the goals have dried up in the 3/4 games that it will continue for the rest of the season....

As has been said, we have a fantastic attack and strengthening the defence should be the aim.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well based on that game, I doubt if there will be a queue to sign any of our players.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We haven’t scored many recently because we’ve hardly played recently. Having been so prolific for most of the season, it’s a bit hasty to assume that just because the goals have dried up in the 3/4 games that it will continue for the rest of the season....

As has been said, we have a fantastic attack and strengthening the defence should be the aim.
A decent attack but way OTT to say it is fantastic.

milts

Centre back, wide attacking player and a striker needed ASAP.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well based on that game, I doubt if there will be a queue to sign any of our players.
Scouts don't base their opinion on one game

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Centre back, wide attacking player and a striker needed ASAP.
You’re telling me.Come on Taylor get on with it.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)

While I agree with your points it was unrealistic to think that our young players were going to maintain their form all season.
They are certainly going through a dip and in our last 7 games we have only scored more than one goal in one game and that was Tranmere.

Although he hasn't been as good as last year we are missing Williams and could still use another attacking option. Unfortunately like most January windows we seem to be falling behind all the other contenders who have far better finances than us to strengthen significantly.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I agree with your points it was unrealistic to think that our young players were going to maintain their form all season.
They are certainly going through a dip and in our last 7 games we have only scored more than one goal in one game and that was Tranmere.

Although he hasn't been as good as last year we are missing Williams and could still use another attacking option. Unfortunately like most January windows we seem to be falling behind all the other contenders who have far better finances than us to strengthen significantly.
I don't think it is an issue of finance. Recruitment is a balancing act between improving the team and not blocking the development pathway of some of our promising youngsters. I don't see us bringing in many players in this window - which based on what I am hearing from people who work in football, is no bad thing. The market is very flat and there the chances are, there are more bad deals being made, than good ones. Fingers crossed that the few players we do sign, are good deals.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it is an issue of finance. Recruitment is a balancing act between improving the team and not blocking the development pathway of some of our promising youngsters. I don't see us bringing in many players in this window - which based on what I am hearing from people who work in football, is no bad thing. The market is very flat and there the chances are, there are more bad deals being made, than good ones. Fingers crossed that the few players we do sign, are good deals.
Martin, we know we’ve agreed one signing and Taylor said last week we’ve made offers for other players which implies Taylor is aiming for 2-3 players this window. Appreciate it’s easier said than done but I expect us to make a couple of signings at least.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Totally agree Martin.

I still think that 2-3 good signings and we could really be there or there about's as I don't think anyone is running away with this league. However; if we don't get it right then we will slip away and it will be playoffs at best. Which again given the off season and lack of recruitment would still be a good season.

Salford have made some good signings, as have Forest Green, and Carlisle, and I expect Cheltenham too as well so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the window plays out.

Sam Stubbs is a great start at CB so will be interesting to see who else MT is able to get in.