• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And we wonder why this thing continues to spread! Seen this morning:

No doubt Sadiq Khan's tube service reduction measures played a part. And there was me worrying that someone encroached my 2 metre personal space during my quick 5 min sprint to Sainsbury's last night!
Explanation

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The same explanation they use every day for everything, lol. I should know...I used to use them most days (pre Covid). Same old shït, well that and line/points failure. They never give you the real reasons.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The same explanation they use every day for everything, lol. I should know...I used to use them most days (pre Covid). Same old shït, well that and line/points failure. They never give you the real reasons.
What do you think the real reasons are?

Mr Jinx

What do you think the real reasons are?
Driver couldn't be arsed to get out of bed.

elginCity

Driver couldn't be arsed to get out of bed.
£80k pa with overtime, doubt that !

Mr Jinx

£80k pa with overtime, doubt that !
They still get paid for sickies, unlike the building contractors trying to get to work at daft o clock.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
They still get paid for sickies, unlike the building contractors trying to get to work at daft o clock.
Yep amazing how many tube drivers have 'a bit of a cough'

DB9

Maybe just maybe we could be seeing a chink of light at the end of a very dark tunnel, Infection rates seem to be coming down in many parts of the UK. Still means unfortunately hospital admission and sadly deaths will be high but hopefully will follow the infection rates and start to decline.

manc grecian

Parents having been offered full time places for their kids now being told only to bring them when needed. Apparently came as a big surprise that the key worker list covers nearly every profession going.

Mr Jinx

And so the November lockdown, which had little affect, cost the UK economy -2.8% of GDP.

To put this into context, the 2008 financial crash at its height only affected the UK by -2.2%.

I dread to think what the January lockdown is going to cost us, especially when you add it to the other two. We can't keep on doing this. Enacting a lockdown is like enacting a financial crash. And people wonder why Boris is reticent to enact them...I mean durrr.

Meanwhile China's economy is back to booming. Figures.