• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Oh for Story and Stockley back in the fold !!
With Ched Evans recently signing for Preston will that put Stockley further down the pecking order for starts. Having said that (with AV monies?) we probably could afford him if Preston coughed up 50% of his wages but no doubt it's a bridge too far for us? Would welcome him back if only until the end of the season and he would certainly add something up front. Not sure of his contract details at Preston though.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Ched Evans recently signing for Preston will that put Stockley further down the pecking order for starts. Having said that (with AV monies?) we probably could afford him if Preston coughed up 50% of his wages but no doubt it's a bridge too far for us? Would welcome him back if only until the end of the season and he would certainly add something up front. Not sure of his contract details at Preston though.
Stockley was hungry for goals, played like it, and scored them. But he's at Preston not City for money reasons, as you know.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Stockley was hungry for goals, played like it, and scored them. But he's at Preston not City for money reasons, as you know.
I would expect a League One team pushing for promotion might take Stockley on loan if he were to go anywhere. No chance we would be able to get him.

ryancooper327

Tom Broadbent Swindon Town central defender??
Left footed so probably not ideal. I think he’s very much like Parkes too. I did want him when he left Bristol though. Happy with Parkes though, just need a partner with some pace.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can see the cheese going in for Stockley at some point. It would be a decent move for him and I can see Bristol Rovers having the funds to do it.

The only way we would stand a chance of getting either back would be if we were established in L1 imo.

IndoMike

I would expect a League One team pushing for promotion might take Stockley on loan if he were to go anywhere. No chance we would be able to get him.
Yes, that's possible : probably his right level.

Red Devon

Left footed so probably not ideal. I think he’s very much like Parkes too. I did want him when he left Bristol though. Happy with Parkes though, just need a partner with some pace.
I saw that he’s been made available for transfer.

Can see the cheese going in for Stockley at some point. It would be a decent move for him and I can see Bristol Rovers having the funds to do it.

The only way we would stand a chance of getting either back would be if we were established in L1 imo.
My thoughts exactly -which was the hidden point behind my initial message (1291): i.e.is this club and its supporters really wanting to go all out for promotion this year to finally get out of this league, to consolidate ourselves in L1 and then see what happens? Or are we happy to stay as a regular member of the also-rans in L2?

Banksy

Oh for Story and Stockley back in the fold !!
It would be nice wouldn’t it but we can kiss that goodbye.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Stockley is still very good mates with Jake Taylor so, if he is available, you never know !
UTC