• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers 7pm KO

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Highlights, for anyone suggesting Maxted stood no chance with their goal. The shot/cross wasnt any kind of rocket, it seems he hesitated before diving outwards for the ball, and totally missed! Very poor.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I'd disgaree. With respect, have you been to any games this season? I'm guessing from your location that maybe you haven't. Take it from me, McArdle really isn't very vocal. This isn't intended as a criticism, some people aren't and I dare say he never has been.
Correct, I have not been to any games Egg as I live and coach football in the States. I have however watched every game this season on I-follow and when he has played you can hear McArdle organizing and talking with players during the game. However; can certainly agree to disagree though, and there is no doubt that the signing up to now hasn't worked out as MT would have hoped.
I'm assuming you must be part of the press then egg to have been able to watch the games live and see McArdle as the only two league games that fans were allowed into (Tranmere and Harrogate) he didn't play? ;)

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Highlights, for anyone suggesting Maxted stood no chance with their goal. The shot/cross wasnt any kind of rocket, it seems he hesitated before diving outwards for the ball, and totally missed! Very poor.

I'm no GK expert so maybe Maxted could of cut out the cross, but that may also be harsh Pete. As an aside I would certainly prefer Lewis Ward to get a run of games now though as I do believe he has more potential to be the #1.
In terms of Bolton's goal though I think MT will be more disappointed that it has ultimately come from our own throw-in. Parkes should do better with the initial headed clearance which he heads down with no height or distance and then Atangana let's Sarcevic run off the back of him. When I saw it live I thought that Sparkes must have been caught out of position, but in fairness he had taken the throw-in so was not at fault.

Watching the highlights back we certainly had the better chances (Bowman, Jay, Randall) before Bolton equalized but it was also still a concern that once they equalized we became a mess defensively for 10-15 minutes.

I still don't think we are far away from being one of the better sides in the league, but fear the signings we are able to make in January may not be up to the caliber of our rivals.

IndoMike

Agree with you, Pete. Not sure if he was trying to catch it or block it, but it was far from convincing

Antony Moxey

I still think Sarcevic was offside in the build up to their goal.

Red red

the word used most frequently by the commentator was 'Sarcevic'

Sarcevic this, Sarcevic that.

I wonder why that player in particular was mentioned so often....
Was sarcevic not booked for the tackle on the edge of the box on Taylor. And again in the second half

fred binneys head

When watching the footage I thought I saw the referee show him the yellow for the Taylor challenge, but the away commentary said he didn’t, and the BBC feed said he didn’t, so maybe he was showing the wall his whistle or something.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still think Sarcevic was offside in the build up to their goal.
It's always hard to judge when the ball is played long but this screenshot suggests he was clearly on-side.

tonykellowfan

It's got nothing to do with that.

Randall got in tonight and on another day would have scored.

We have played two games without Williams, one of which was against a championship side.

Any chance you could give the condescending arrogance a rest for a day or two ??
ironic

Red Devon

Problem with that is Page can’t play a full 90 so him and Sparkes are having to combine at left back.
Teams are getting a lot of joy down our left hand side of the pitch when up against Sparkes.Hartridge looks a stronger more natural defensive option to come on when replacing Page...Jack is a real threat in the opposition half of the pitch and that’s where he needs to play..not as a wingback.