• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which player has most successfully proved City wrong in releasing them?

IBA

Yep...He was never going to sign a new contract for the Grecians.
Bargain

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Except of course that we did not release Copps. He was out of contract and moved for £30k.
I assume this was prior to the Bosman ruling then?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shame the Grecians did not get appearance money at Donny for him 😁

Because of his age the fee was set by tribunal..

Rosencrantz

No, it was a Bosman with tribunal as Olds stated. Either way he wasn't released. We would had no choice as he wanted to move and was out of contract.

Colesman Ballz

No, it was a Bosman with tribunal as Olds stated. Either way he wasn't released. We would had no choice as he wanted to move and was out of contract.
How so ?? Copps was born in Jan 1981. He left at the end of 2003-04 season at the age of 23, at the end of his contract. Therefore we were entitled to ask for a transfer fee. My understanding is that this was negotiated by our then DOF Steve Perryman and at £30k plus a sell on percentage clause. Where did any Tribunal come into it ? Surely a Tribunal hearing would only have happened if City and Doncaster had failed to come to an agreement between themselves ?

Rosencrantz

How so ?? Copps was born in Jan 1981. He left at the end of 2003-04 season at the age of 23, at the end of his contract. Therefore we were entitled to ask for a transfer fee. My understanding is that this was negotiated by our then DOF Steve Perryman and at £30k plus a sell on percentage clause. Where did any Tribunal come into it ? Surely a Tribunal hearing would only have happened if City and Doncaster had failed to come to an agreement between themselves ?
Whether the clubs agreed a fee or couldn't and went to tribunal as Copp's was under 24, it doesn't change the fact that he was out of contract and wasn't going to renew it and wanted to move to Doncaster. We had no choice in this then like we don't have any choice now when a player is out of contract and wants to move even though we want him to stay.