• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mind, Sally James was another too. ;)

grecIAN Harris

Starring Mel Gwinnett as Timothy Claypole 🙂
Beat me there. I was reading the thread backwards and then saw the picture.............. then saw your post.:LOL:

DB9

1610226051257.png The lovely Ms James. One of the Kids TV presenters of the 70's we can still talk about! :)

Alistair20000

Oh yes, Seeing her gave many a young lad a "twinge" :ROFLMAO:
Ooh err missus :eek:

DB9

Star Trek Discovery, Just finished watching series 3 on Netflix and each series got better and better. A fine series to add to the Star Trek family. I'm a bit of a Star Trek and Star Wars nerd, Grown up with them and Discovery grew with me, The characters are brilliant and the stories are amazing, If you're into these Sci-Fi franchises worth watching. When at the end credits, ST Discovery played the original theme tune from back in the 60's, Sent a shiver down me. 10/10

Banksy

Star Trek Discovery, Just finished watching series 3 on Netflix and each series got better and better. A fine series to add to the Star Trek family. I'm a bit of a Star Trek and Star Wars nerd, Grown up with them and Discovery grew with me, The characters are brilliant and the stories are amazing, If you're into these Sci-Fi franchises worth watching. When at the end credits, ST Discovery played the original theme tune from back in the 60's, Sent a shiver down me. 10/10
I’ve been a real fan of Star Trek for a lot of my life , much prefer the Star Trek universe to the Star Wars one ( although I’m not adverse to watching a Star Wars film.) I suppose the Star Trek universe is fuller and more rounded because of the considerable series that have been shown on the tele since the sixties.I’ve not watched the Discovery series mainly from a time point of view , there is literally so much to watch these days but it sounds good.

Banksy

On another tack , has anyone watched the ‘A Discovery of Witches’ series , and if so is it any good?

DB9

I’ve been a real fan of Star Trek for a lot of my life , much prefer the Star Trek universe to the Star Wars one ( although I’m not adverse to watching a Star Wars film.) I suppose the Star Trek universe is fuller and more rounded because of the considerable series that have been shown on the tele since the sixties.I’ve not watched the Discovery series mainly from a time point of view , there is literally so much to watch these days but it sounds good.
At first after watching Discovery its hard to get into your mind this was set before the original series but the effects are of course todays which are obviously so much better than the 60's but there are so many things you'll remember from the Kirk and Co it just works so well and series 3 is a real stand alone one because of the story line (Which i won't spoil) but i loved it.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember about 20 years ago doing the Star Trek experience at The Hilton in Las Vegas.A fantastic set up.
Not sure how they did it but you were transported to the bridge of the Enterprise with about 20 others after entering a dark room,then led to a Shuttle Craft for a virtual reality ride..Amazing.

DB9

I remember about 20 years ago doing the Star Trek experience at The Hilton in Las Vegas.A fantastic set up.
Not sure how they did it but you were transported to the bridge of the Enterprise with about 20 others after entering a dark room,then led to a Shuttle Craft for a virtual reality ride..Amazing.
I would of loved that.