• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Colin Bell was a class act in an exciting Man City team. The type of player who glided over the pitch.

Tim Long

Colin Bell was a class act in an exciting Man City team. The type of player who glided over the pitch.
Which was why as a kid I was confused that his nickname was a racehorse. But I then found out the racehorse was named after a ballet dancer.

IndoMike

Which was why as a kid I was confused that his nickname was a racehorse. But I then found out the racehorse was named after a ballet dancer.
Yep. City fans called him Nijinsky. I knew he was good but didn't realise he was such a hero at City, with a stand named after him, too. Great player.

Oldsmobile-88

Mr Jinx

Albert Roux, Chef & Restaurateur - 85

DB9

😟 That's both brothers gone now. RIP

Alistair20000

That great restaurant in the sky is about to get its next Michelin star.

RIP Albert.

grecIAN Harris

Marianne Ramsey who was best known for playing Hooks (the one with the real high pitched voice) in the Police Acadamy films has died aged 73

DB9

Marianne Ramsey who was best known for playing Hooks (the one with the real high pitched voice) in the Police Acadamy films has died aged 73
Just read that, Did like those films. RIP

DB9

Michael Apted, Film maker and director dies aged 79. He made those documentaries from 1964 following a group of children from different lives and backgrounds, first called "7 up" and went back every 7 years to see how their lives have changed/developed. RIP.