• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Naga Munchetty on BBC Breakfast News is terrible for constantly interrupting interviewees. If the BBC don’t want to hear people’s opinions then don’t invite them on their programmes to give their opinions.

Spoonz Red E

I stopped listening to the Today programme a few years back because they were so intent on talking over and pushing the interviewee to some sort of binary yes or no soundbite that they often completely blew good chances to get answers. I prefer the Paxman / Andrew Neil approach.
Ask the question.
Give the interviewee time to answer.
Push back against the answer so it gets justified (or not).

fred binneys head

I stopped listening to the Today programme a few years back because they were so intent on talking over and pushing the interviewee to some sort of binary yes or no soundbite that they often completely blew good chances to get answers. I prefer the Paxman / Andrew Neil approach.
Ask the question.
Give the interviewee time to answer.
Push back against the answer so it gets justified (or not).
Me too. I could never see why John Humphreys was held in such high regard, I thought he was a useless interviewer.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. I don't really know all those personalities from England. I keep up to date through BBC Radio 4 Sounds, BBC World, CNN and Talksport - a bit crappy but still. Although I seldom watch it for some reason, Al Jazeera is an excellent TV station with excellent historical documentaries. I guess the average English bloke would flinch at hearing that ...🙄.
Anyway, is Piers Morgan an interrupter
He used to advertise himself as a good mate of Trump. Trump's ego pales into insignificance to that of Morgan.

Colesman Ballz

Bring back Paul Kaye as interviewer Dennis Pennis is what I say ! :)

IndoMike

He used to advertise himself as a good mate of Trump. Trump's ego pales into insignificance to that of Morgan.
Morgan probably has the philosophy that it's better to be spoken of badly that not to be mentioned at all. It sells tickets..
To his credit he really stood up for gun control when he had a show in the US a couple of years ago. In effect he said the Yanks were mad, and he's not far wrong. Think it cost him his job, IINM

Antony Moxey

Other than crawling back under his rock never to be heard from again there’s nothing that odious twerp Piers Morgan could do that would be ‘to his credit’. The bloke will never be anything other than a weapons grade c***.

IndoMike

Other than crawling back under his rock never to be heard from again there’s nothing that odious twerp Piers Morgan could do that would be ‘to his credit’. The bloke will never be anything other than a weapons grade c***.
Gun control is a serious subject, and he raised his head above the pulpit many times to consistently campaign for it. So for that objectively he deserves credit, c*nt or not.

grecIAN Harris

Estate Agents advertising three bedroom houses as four bedrooms. You look at the plans to see the layout and find the fourth bedroom is actually a study or dining room downstairs.

Antony Moxey

Gun control is a serious subject, and he raised his head above the pulpit many times to consistently campaign for it. So for that objectively he deserves credit, c*nt or not.
Pity someone didn’t blow it off when he raised it above the pulpit, it’s the least he deserves.