• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

THE EXEWEB ADVENT CALENDAR QUIZ XVI

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations to Spoonz and to all other participants dont think there have been so many names on the scoreboard before - Runner Up last year 3rd this year one day , one day 😀

Again thanks to Al for a great quiz - other than converting myself favourite clue = 'Bob Wilson'

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please forgive me for the delayed message but thanks to Al for quizmatering through the EAC XVI. and a fine job he did too even if i'm not sure i ever really tuned into his wavelength. Congrats to Spoonz who has probably already started on the 2021 clues :D

Great work behind the scenes by Liz too. I always knew she'd pull it off.

Alistair20000

Please forgive me for the delayed message but thanks to Al for quizmatering through the EAC XVI. and a fine job he did too even if i'm not sure i ever really tuned into his wavelength. Congrats to Spoonz who has probably already started on the 2021 clues :D

Great work behind the scenes by Liz too. I always knew she'd pull it off.
Thank you Lionel. I sensed you were not fully match fit this year. I had hoped you would score with the Question dedicated to you.

And now for this important message for you from my gorgeous and energetic GA

As you know big boy, I would pull it all off for you ;)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Belated thanks and congratulations. Record number of clues for the insatiable quizzers. Only Santa's elves can have worked harder than the tireless Tedburn Towers staff.

Alistair20000

Belated thanks and congratulations. Record number of clues for the insatiable quizzers. Only Santa's elves can have worked harder than the tireless Tedburn Towers staff.
Back to your more customary solid performance this time Houndster. (y)

A dossier was kept during the year as I spotted potential clues. With some tweaking we ended up with a wide variety of questions. There are literally hundreds or even thousands of possibles out there. For example, I spotted the Swift Tower when walking to Vue last summer. Not sure I had seen it before so I sympathised a bit with Stroudy when he reared up over it. The first attempt (see below) lined up as a QF was replaced by grafting it on to the Gulliver by the tower pic. Much better I thought.

In addition, as new things happen you sometimes see scope for a clue. One of my personal favourites was the Jon-Paul Pittman clue crafted at short notice where there was so much in the pic leading to the answer but still difficult to get to.

The Quiz team joined Santa to help the elves after I paid them off on 24/12. Mr Breakfastable found difficulty with chimney breasts mind and has gone back to reffing :)

5187 5188

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an occasional birdwatcher, I feel I ought to have got the Swift Tower. As for the Pittman clue, I had "Norman Collier" lined up as the answer!

Alistair20000

As an occasional birdwatcher, I feel I ought to have got the Swift Tower. As for the Pittman clue, I had "Norman Collier" lined up as the answer!
Might have got a Roy for NC (y) Strange nobody offered it.

Swift Tower took bleddy ages to go !