• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield Wednesday suspend training

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Training at Sheffield Wednesday suspended due to Covid. Training to resume on Thursday.

Game in doubt?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Training at Sheffield Wednesday suspended due to Covid. Training to resume on Thursday.

Game in doubt?
I suspect we were given the "heads-up" as our players were given the day off today.

jimbo-gould

Are byes happening in the FA Cup like the League Cup?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have not been able to find anything definitive on this. There is mention in the Daily Star, that the game could be postponed, but I guess awarding the game is a distinct possibility. However, with a Government announcement on "tougher restrictions" due later this evening. a suspension of the league (and cup competitions) is also a possibility I would think.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you don't play you are out. So we would be in the 4th round if Wednesday couldn't fulfill the fixture
Reported in the Mail and Telegraph

Last edited:

jimmy

If you don't play you are out. So we would be in the 4th round if Wednesday couldn't fulfill the fixture
Reported in the Mail and Telegraph
Yes, but I'm sure the powers that be would find a way to shaft lower league clubs.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We would presumably also lose the fee from BT Sport if the game is cancelled.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We would presumably also lose the fee from BT Sport if the game is cancelled.
And we might not receive the 60 k for getting through either, so over £90k in total ?

jimmy

And we might not receive the 60 k for getting through either, so over £90k in total ?
I'd pay that any day for a 4th round tie!

Anyway, they are due back in training Thursday. Plus Boris has got some more news at 8 o'clock..so we'll keep an eye on it.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I suspect we were given the "heads-up" as our players were given the day off today.
Could that also be down to the fact that there was a round of EFL testing today Martin?