• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A photo from around 2005.
A midweeker at Firs Park.East Stirlingshire v Berwick a ground i always wanted to visit after reading about The Shire in ‘Soccer in the Dock’
Memorable for me after being propositioned by a lady from one of the flats outside the ground 🤣🤣
CC3EFD0D-0B3F-48A8-AC46-E9EC6872BAE7.jpeg

grecIAN Harris

Yes..It’s a small town.

Only 30 years ago with the exception of Aberdeen & Queen of the South the Scottish senior clubs were around the central belt.
That depends on what you class as the central belt.

Oldsmobile-88

That’s a shame.They might not be the last in the Highland League if crowds are not allowed back.

Oldsmobile-88

Would you believe it..Fort Williams first game of the Highland League this season was postponed at 2.50pm...The referee deemed a part of the pitch unplayable.
E0AB829A-329E-40BF-9F5C-604257F162DA.jpeg

otterton reds

The referee said the ball wasn’t bouncing truly in the middle of the pitch.
The picture on Fort William Twitter page shows the pitch looking lovely apart from a few small areas of sand.
To call the game off 10 minutes before kick off seems very strange.

Oldsmobile-88

If Scottish Clubs do not follow Covid protocols the punishment is severe.
St Mirren & Kilmarnock given 3-0 defeats & £40,000 fines for Covid-19 breaches

Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

I see your mates at Fort William have finally got off to a "stunning" start, eh Olds? 😭

Oldsmobile-88

I see your mates at Fort William have finally got off to a "stunning" start, eh Olds? 😭
The were 7-0 down when I checked around 4.15pm Just seen they lost 10-0.
Normal service is resumed

The game was switched to Brora earlier in the week because of the exceptionally wet weather around The Fort in the past month making Claggan Park a paddy field.
I would imagine they cannot use any players who are based in the central belt at the moment.

Just had to cancel my trip to FW at the end of the year 🙁

Grecian2K

Just had to cancel my trip to FW at the end of the year 🙁
Aw, that's a shame mate. :( I know just how much you look forward to your Caledonian Capers.
I too also have had a long hankering to see the New Year in North of the border. Sadly, in the past, never quite managed to wangle it in with an "urgent work trip" and (now retired) guess I never will.

Oldsmobile-88

Aw, that's a shame mate. :( I know just how much you look forward to your Caledonian Capers.
I too also have had a long hankering to see the New Year in North of the border. Sadly, in the past, never quite managed to wangle it in with an "urgent work trip" and (now retired) guess I never will.
It would be good if we could get RaWZ to do a New Year tour like the old days mate,though can you imagine the state of all of us if the usual rule of cans opened at Tiverton Parkway by the time we rolled into Glasgow Central 😁