• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

Boyo

Boyo

The site masterplan drawing and the proposed floor layouts are worth taking a look at on the EDDC planning portal. Direct link here: https://planning.eastdevon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QKQ1XKGHIJ600

The site masterplan drawing and the proposed floor layouts are worth taking a look at on the EDDC planning portal. Direct link here: https://planning.eastdevon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QKQ1XKGHIJ600
View attachment 4606
from the "Masterplan" assuming the 104 car parking spaces are more than whats needed for just a training ground & a pedestrian "access point" (& bridge?!) + cafe ... if this the sort of improvements that would need to take place to allow for spectators @ some academy games + ecfc women's?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That looks great, looks like the Watkins money is getting put to good use!

DB9

Not often you hear the words "State of the art facilities" when it comes to anything to do with ECFC, Perhaps this show any doubters that the club is doing its best to improve things. Like the OG, The "Hut" at the C&F is past its sell by date but i must admit these plans are way above anything i would have thought of. If this helps us to go up a Grade in Acadamy terms then brilliant. Hope the Council sees sense and approve it.

Grecian Max

Can't believe the hut is still there - remember back in the 90s I had to pick up my coat after leaving it at an ECFC soccer school - was told it was up at C&F, Eamo gave it back to me - then got introduced to most of the squad half of whom were showering :ROFLMAO: Bit weird, but it was the mid 90s.

STURTZ

Great investment, money spent on the youth is money in the bank.

simcity

Looks great and completely on board with this idea. Only ever going to help the academy & good facilities will help entice new first team players to come down to the South West as well!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that in the Devon Live story it mentions accommodation.

DB9

Interesting that in the Devon Live story it mentions accommodation.
Not 100% but i think they mean to "accommodate" the 1st team and Acadamy in terms people not sleeping over but to house more people like in the Gym,Classroom etc insted of having to take turns or wait?