• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal Scoring Problem?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Port vale, not Notts 👍

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing is though, we often over commit - because we're always looking to score. It's great fun to watch and I'd prefer that, but with the way we're playing you aren't going to see us tighten up in defence that much I don't think. For me it's putting away the many many chances we create - both losses v Notts and Oldham should have been wins because of it.
Agreed. It is really difficult to "tighten up" without jeopardising what is good about your attack. Like you, I cannot see many cleansheets this season due to our approach. It is great fun though.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams was getting slagged off by some people on here even when he was one of the best players in League Two last season. I haven't seen him have a bad game this season, although he hasn't played as well as last season. Still getting a lot of attention from defenders which might be why Joel Randall and Jay are getting so much joy in other areas up front. I like the bit about him needing to be "humble". I don't want him to be humble personally.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams was getting slagged off by some people on here even when he was one of the best players in League Two last season. I haven't seen him have a bad game this season
😆 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😆

Take the rose tinted glasses off for once.

STURTZ

Randell is playing within himself at the moment but still having and effect on our movement, the speed down our flanks now is something we always dreamed about. Hope Williams can find his motivation again with us, he's a rare talent.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. It is really difficult to "tighten up" without jeopardising what is good about your attack. Like you, I cannot see many cleansheets this season due to our approach. It is great fun though.
The more attacking approach, though, is only one part of the reason we are conceding more goals. We have also had a very inexperienced and unsettled defence; hopefully if the injuries clear up and the youngsters get more experience that will improve our goals against record.

iscalad

Problem what problem

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 players in the top 10 of league two scorers (according to BBC (not including all cups)) Jay on 7 Bowman 6 and Randall 6 all with two assists each

Oldsmobile-88

crocks

City are quite prolific in the 5 minutes before half time....7 goals in that period in all comps.