• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham v Exeter

GJW

Potentially the first game for us in front of fans. Wonder what effect, if any, this will have on both teams. Looks like Cheltenham are trying to get just their ST holders in for this. No away fans for our boys.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
No away fans this season, I reckon

jimmy

Is this going to be how it is for the coming months?

I'd imagine zero away fans, officially. Even if it is tier 2 to tier 2, government/local authorities will want to minimise travel.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'd imagine zero away fans, officially. Even if it is tier 2 to tier 2, government/local authorities will want to minimise travel.
Apparently Boreham Wood are selling tickets to away fans for their home game against Aldershot next week (in the NL). Their home attendances are pitiful.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Boreham Wood are selling tickets to away fans for their home game against Aldershot next week (in the NL). Their home attendances are pitiful.
Yet they can sign up some good players like Kabongo Tshimanga,

StroudGrecian

Considerably further to SJP than Whaddon Road for me, so a bit annoying.

LOG

Considerably further to SJP than Whaddon Road for me, so a bit annoying.
Whereabouts are you based, Stroudy?

StroudGrecian

Whereabouts are you based, Stroudy?
Stroud, Oklahoma.

Red red

Could try my south Gloucestershire address

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back to the game in hand, Cheltenham have so far lost at home to Morecambe in the first league match of the season and Grimsby in October, they have also drwn at home with Mansfield Town and Cambridge Utd. Of the clubs up around us they have beaten Tranmere away in September, Leyton Orient away Forest Green at Home and Carlisle away in October as well as the Cambridge result. So they are beatable showing some inconsistency at the Johnny Rocks (what a name).They also best third division opposition in Crewe last wek at home in the F A Cup and are currently unbeaten in six matches in all competitions.

Here are the thoughts of their assistant manager ahead of this 2nd v 3rd clash https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/centre-midfield-dynamic-matt-taylor-4760223

According to Matt, Lewis Ward is nearing fitness, but I expect Johnny Maxted to start and the rest of the selection is more speculation as we now have the likes of Law, Atangana, etc vying for places after returning from injury. I expect the following line up

Maxted
Key Sweeney Parkes Sparkes
Williams Collins Taylor Randall
Jay Bowman

Subs
Lee McArdle Hartridge Law Atangana Ajose Fisher

856 crowd to see a 3-1 City victory with goals from Key Bowman and Jay

Last edited: